Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

hbfp+esky 3in1+ar6100+dx7

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 06:48 AM
cheech91060
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hbfp+esky 3in1+ar6100+dx7

not sure how many here have this setup, but i'm having issues getting my tail to act like it did with the stock 4in1. it might just be that i need to learn how to adjust the gain/proportional better, because my 4in1 was really pretty close right out of the box. i set my 3in1 pots to near the same positions (almost full gain, around 50% proportional) and have been tweaking slightly from there, but i'm still needing constant rudder to hold in place. i've tried trimming and subtrimming separately on the dx7, and they make the tail spin up earlier/faster at the start, but once i'm at hover the power seems reduced and i still have to hold rudder. also at times the tail will get real strong and throw me 90 degrees. just feels really uneven.

i had an extra tail motor, so i tried swapping, but same issue. also re-hooked my 4in1 and the tail is nice and steady. going to try hacking the 4in1 tonight just to try that gyro/esc with the ar6100.

for what its worth, i'm also seeing significant noise/signal bouncing (even with very low mic gain) via PCM thermometer while trying to set up smartpropo.

really frustrated that i got a nice tx and both heli and sim are unflyable so far. any recommendations or tips?
Old 02-12-2008, 12:57 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: hbfp+esky 3in1+ar6100+dx7

Sounds like you really need to get the proportional right on the 3 in 1. No need to go backwards and use the 4 in 1, just keep adjusting the proportional pot on the 3 in 1. You are almost there, stay out of the radio subtrims and use the 3 in 1 for what it is designed to do. Keep it simple man..........keep it simple!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:33 PM
planepounder

Hey, just what are we doing here? I just smoked the 4 in 1 on my HBFP, and cant seem to find one cheap enough to justify fixing it. I took it apart and found a 6 ch receiver mated to a mixer board. It was the mixer that failed. it became obvious that I could have put my Futaba receiver on the mixer (before I smoked it) and flown it with all the advantages of my 7C. Is this what you are doing with the 2.4?
Old 02-13-2008, 06:46 AM
cheech91060

arrow - thanks for the encouragement :P part of the issue was tracking my battery use when tweaking like this. I'd hover, adjust, hover, adjust and meanwhile the battery voltage was getting lower so i was adjusting to compensate for the low battery characteristics without realizing it.
i did get it tuned in well enough to fly after another night of tweaking. still not where it was with the stock setup, but getting there.

plane - i'm looking to buy a 450 size heli, and this was basically a way to break up the cost and get some value added on my hbfp. send me a pm if you're interested in buying the 4in1 i took off.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:13 PM
nuttcaze

ORIGINAL: planepounder

Hey, just what are we doing here? I just smoked the 4 in 1 on my HBFP, and cant seem to find one cheap enough to justify fixing it. I took it apart and found a 6 ch receiver mated to a mixer board. It was the mixer that failed. it became obvious that I could have put my Futaba receiver on the mixer (before I smoked it) and flown it with all the advantages of my 7C. Is this what you are doing with the 2.4?
I was thinking about using different electronics on my HBFP in the future, so let me know if you end up doing that with your HBFP, I like the stock stuff, it works and I don't know any better but just thinking of the future.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:32 AM
bassplayinDude

ORIGINAL: cheech91060

for what its worth, i'm also seeing significant noise/signal bouncing (even with very low mic gain) via PCM thermometer while trying to set up smartpropo.

really frustrated that i got a nice tx and both heli and sim are unflyable so far. any recommendations or tips?
Whew, glad I'm not the only one seeing this signal issue with SmartPropoPlus. I used the DX6i that came with my Blade 400 and it never settles on a single location, it just bounces everywhere.

Just got an Esky USB controller and the signal is rock solid. I suddenly have improved 10% in my hovering abilities because I'm not fighting against a varying input from SPP. What concerns me is if this is the signal sent to the helicopter itself how can I ever get a good hover?

Also, what settings are you using on your DX7? I'm thinking about pulling the AR6100 from my CX2 and installing it on my HBFP but don't want to spring for a 3-in-1 if it's going to be a headache like you're seeing.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:37 AM
KCinNC

i tried for over a week to adjust mine out....i just gave up ! threw the stock electronics back in it...and enjoy it
Old 02-14-2008, 10:30 PM
cheech91060

ORIGINAL: bassplayinDude
Just got an Esky USB controller and the signal is rock solid. I suddenly have improved 10% in my hovering abilities because I'm not fighting against a varying input from SPP. What concerns me is if this is the signal sent to the helicopter itself how can I ever get a good hover?
i don't have a solution for the sim yet, but planning to try a jr usb connector to get the sim rolling. just so its clear, i don't think its a dx7 issue, because i don't see those kind of jumps/bumps on my actual hbfp cyclic. it holds just fine on the real heli. my guess is the $3 mono audio cable is the problem.

and i finally have the 3in1/ar6100 working well! was a pita getting gyro gain and prop right, but finally dialed in. don't give up KC