Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Helicopter - Fly By Wire

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Helicopter - Fly By Wire

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 10:30 PM
afzan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helicopter - Fly By Wire

Modern fighter jets are very unstable in design but their electronics/computer makes it flyable.
Is there any electronics for our rc heli that can make it stable and easier to hover and fly?If this is available it would really helps beginner pilot like myself.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:51 PM
cactus hopper

Default RE: Helicopter - Fly By Wire

Yeah, there is a electronic device available from FMA Direct and KA planes called the co-pilot. I don't know much about it but from what I have read it does a pretty good job.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:35 PM
Druss

well if you want to get really into it you can look into what the guys with 3 and 4 head rotors use when they don't have a flybar. the mikado v-bar system, it's basically a 3 axis gyro, control unit and pressure sensor. they are $550 though.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:53 AM
kenskid

Set $100 on the side and learn to hover and fly like I did !

ORIGINAL: afzan

Modern fighter jets are very unstable in design but their electronics/computer makes it flyable.
Is there any electronics for our rc heli that can make it stable and easier to hover and fly?If this is available it would really helps beginner pilot like myself.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:19 AM
xodarap1

There are, but by making a heli fly itself kinda takes the thrill out of the flying experience and there isn't much sense of accomplishment if you just push the hover button, at least in my opinion lol. The best features or options you can ever add to any heli experience is your own focus, persistence and patience. That is a zero cost upgrade that will serve you well no matter what you fly down the road. It's amazing what you can learn with patience and repetition. It doesn't have to be an expensive learning curve, but if you rush ahead of your ability, it will be. Start slow and just give yourself some time to pick it all up.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Druss

I think a good computer radio with exp and d/r can do wonders with helping a new pilot calm the heli down.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:29 PM
V8 Aggie

http://www.heliguy.com/Extras/Helico...elicommand-3D/

FYI - I know this is overkill