Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

E-Skt Belt CP problem

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

E-Skt Belt CP problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 08:15 PM
wigs600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Skt Belt CP problem

Hey everyone..... I just purchased an E-Sky Belt CP and I love it except for the fact that it will only fly for about 2 minutes!!
I know.....there are probably a number of questions that you want to ask but before you do let me say this:
1. I know how to take care of batteries. I don't charge it longer than 2 hours. I take it off of charge as soon soon as the green light turns steady. I completely drain the battery before re-charging it
2. This was an RTF kit so there wasn't anything to do other than route the antenna and charge the battery. Therefore, I'm assuming that little things like making sure the ESC and the receiver aren't close to each other. etc, etc. don't need to be changed because that's how it came from the factory.
3. It flies great and then all of a sudden the motor rapidly loses power. I can save the landing but just barely. It drops rather quickly.
4. The ESC and the motor are warm but no where even close to HOT
5. If I let it sit for about two or three minutes I can fly it again but only for about 30 seconds and then the problem occurs again.

Here is my problem: I cannot get a hold of the company that I bought it from. They are horrible at customer service. I have called 10 times and left three emails. No one will get back to me. Today i decided to just email TWF (the manufacturer) and ask them for help. Of course, they are in China so we will see what happens. I know it could be a number of things but I don't want to go spending money just to troubleshoot something that could be minor. Also, I don't think it's the battery because everything except for adequate power is working just fine. all the servos and everything work great and the battery is not hot. Does anyone have any input? I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Gittle

Default RE: E-Skt Belt CP problem

Wigs if you have a lipo battery and you are running it all the way down. You have possibly ruined the battery. You can not run lipos down below 3.6 volts on each cell. 9.6 on a 3 cell pack. That could be your trouble. Gittle
Old 02-14-2008, 08:35 PM
wigs600

Crap. I don't have a voltmeter. How am I supposed to know when to stop flying? If i fly until it is apparently dead, wouldn't that mean that the battery is dead too? I know I;m being ignorant. Maybe I don't know batteries like I thought i did. After the heli would start to die i would keep running it on the ground until it just plain stopped. The servos would barely move. i thought that was the right thing to do?
thanks for your response
Old 02-14-2008, 08:43 PM
starterheli

When you say "I completely drain the battery before re-charging it " are you taking it down below the recommended stopping point in volts?

Check this site out I just looked it up and booked marked it for my self, lots of info that I didn't know.

http://www.dynamoelectrics.com/LiPo%20Essay.aspx

I'm sure some of the pro's here can help with this, if thats the issue.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:46 PM
starterheli

Sorry I didn't see Gittle's post.