Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

1/4 scale servo HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 02:57 PM
shotguneddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4 scale servo HELP!

I am finishing up a Pilatus Porter Turbo 95" WS, powered by a Saito 150. This is my 1st attempt at anything larger than a .60 size acrft. I've outfitted the ailerons, flaps, and rudder with at least 80oz. servos. I'm not sure what to use for the elevator though. I've been thinking about the Hobbico CS-71MG Super Torque 2BB servo. Any thoughts about the quality or reliability of Hobbico? Any ideas on what else to use? I'm using an Airtronics radio at this time, and I'm not sure what the weight of the completed plane is. Thanks. Chris
Old 04-20-2003, 07:20 PM
Hurri

Why not use a Hitec 700BB 1/4 scale servo , they have a 100+ oz pull , a bit larger in size , but a good price . I use them & the Futaba 3404 , which is same servo size , no probs .
Old 04-21-2003, 01:57 AM
LuvBipes
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hobbico servos are made by Hitec, so if you're happy w/ Hitec quality, you'll like the Hobbico units.
Old 06-14-2003, 10:53 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I would say that the servos you mentioned is more than enough!