Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Novak Module & Novak Receiver Questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Novak Module & Novak Receiver Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 04:03 PM
Synthetic
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novak Module & Novak Receiver Questions

I just bought a used Airtronics M-8 Limited transmitter and I am considering buying the Novak module and a couple receivers that are capable of changing channels without using crystals. I don't have any experience with them and could use some advise as to if they work well or not. I will appreciate any help given....Don
Old 04-21-2003, 10:29 PM
dg2b

Most of the guys I race with use M8 with the SWITCH (Novak) and Novak XXTRA. They seem to be happy with the system and not have any problem with it.
Old 04-22-2003, 03:58 AM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

The M8 module and the Synth. RX are very simple to operate. Since your new equipment is 75FM frequency (the best freq. because it offers 30 separate channels less chance of freq. conflicts and more options.) Simply dial your M8 Novac module to the freq. you want, then dial the receiver to the same freq. you just set the M8 module to, and your done. You can set all your cars to the same freq. or make them all different, this is really the ultimate in frequency flexibility. Besides maybe the JR-R1 or the Futaba PK3 I think this is the most common and most sought after auto RC radio. Just look in a RC magazine at the big races, where any of the guys could use anything they wanted and what are they using? Mostly M8'S. Good buy Don, you will be very happy with your new radio.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:48 PM
Synthetic
My Feedback: (18)

Thanks Todd!!!
Old 05-30-2003, 06:23 PM
MPDano-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Ahh, so you need another module for your transmitter. I have the Mx3 Transmitter with an Airtronics crystal. I was hoping to be able to just buy an XXtra RX and dial it into the airtronics channel. Am I wrong in my thinking?

Thanks
Old 05-30-2003, 08:10 PM
DSA.308

No you can use the XXtra RX's without the radio module....just buy the right frequ. 27 or 75 am/fm and tune the Reciver to your radios, crystal frequ. The radio module just gives the ability to dial any frequ. without being limited to your radios one frequ.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:15 PM
MPDano-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Todd, I actually saw a 2channel Novak 75mhz for sale but it didn't say synthesized. I was wondering how you configure these to work with my Airtonics mx3 tx on channel 80?

Thanks
Old 05-30-2003, 08:26 PM
DSA.308

No problemo! Simply dial the first digit dial to the the #8, and the second digit dial to #0. Just that easy! Really is a nice setup, I just ended up using my JR-R1 PCM radio, but I give Airtronics and Novac a compliment on the ease of use of the synth. system...

If it didnt state it was the XXtra Synth. module then I doubt it was, probably just a regular old crystal RX then.....
Old 12-07-2003, 06:23 PM
ptero-spinner

Default RE: Novak Module & Novak Receiver Questions

Could one get the novak system for the Futaba 3PK and will it work with the HRS???