Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What tires and wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 07:53 PM
venture_flyer
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What tires and wheels?

I have an almost new HPI RS4 RTR3 with a saleen mustang body on it. I had a HPI .15SS engine on it with a claim HP of 1.2 HP. I now have on a Fantom .15R. With the HPI.15ss it burnt the tires off and never keep traction. Since I have added this Fantom the claimed HP has went up dramatically to 2 HP (with a racing header, racing tuned pipe, and two speed transmission). I need to know what tires and wheels I should get to put on this to give it the maximum performance. With the stock wheels and tires the HPI .25ss burnt them right down and did not give me and performance. I got maybe 70 MPH out of it. Since I have this new motor on it I want the performance it is suppose to have. If you can help please email me or PM me.
Old 04-20-2003, 07:57 PM
KyleSch

ok. First the 15SS has a rated horsepower of .7 , and a fantom is claimed at 1.35, and I seriously doubt you hit 70mph, because even with the tallest gearing you probably won't go more than 65.

Any tires aren't going to make your car any faster, but go with the HPI X-Pattern belted, its probably the best tire in a decent price range.

tires will have absolutly no effect on top speed, because when you get there your tires are no longer spinning faster than the car is moving, the tires only spin during acceleration. Just try to be a little bit easier on the throttle and you won't burn up your tires as much. If your looking for more grip look into foam tires, but I don't know much about them.
Old 04-20-2003, 08:06 PM
AznAbyss952

Foam tires provide excelent grip, but they wear really fast. Well thats what I've heard from some friends with pan cars that run foam tires.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:24 AM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Default Re: What tires and wheels?

Originally posted by venture_flyer
I have an almost new HPI RS4 RTR3 with a saleen mustang body on it. I had a HPI .15SS engine on it with a claim HP of 1.2 HP. I now have on a Fantom .15R. With the HPI.15ss it burnt the tires off and never keep traction. Since I have added this Fantom the claimed HP has went up dramatically to 2 HP (with a racing header, racing tuned pipe, and two speed transmission). I need to know what tires and wheels I should get to put on this to give it the maximum performance. With the stock wheels and tires the HPI .25ss burnt them right down and did not give me and performance. I got maybe 70 MPH out of it. Since I have this new motor on it I want the performance it is suppose to have. If you can help please email me or PM me.
lol all that is bs. If you just dropped the 2 speed and the .12 ss into the car it is only going about 45-47 mph. and no the hpi .15 does not have 1.2 hp. The fantom does not have 2 hp. by the way there is no .25ss engine. I would get your facts striaght first before posting.