Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

dx3.0 range issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 12:25 AM
joey79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dx3.0 range issues

When I get my Revo about 150-200ft away, it'll kinda lock out, and the failsafe will kick in. I would imagine the range of this radio is more than that. The range of my DX6 for my t-rex heli is farther than I can see the heli.

My RX antenna isn't kinked or broken. TX and RX batteries charged fully. Could it be the stock RX pack (Traxxas 6v 1100mah) ? I've upgraded all the servos to Hitec metal geared. 5955TG on steering, 625MG on throttle/brake, 81MG for shifting. Maybe these servos draw alot more power, robbing the RX? I'm not sure.

I've also found this... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6942986/tm.htm

...but it doesn't seem to be the same rx.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 02-23-2008, 01:06 PM
clubin

Default RE: dx3.0 range issues

Buy another reciever try it if it works it was the reciever send the faulty one back to Speky they'll send you a new one and you'll have another reciever for a nother R/C. I use a 3400mah batterypack, maybe you need to raise the mah rating to somthing better, also your pack could be faulty, try another battery pack.

Are you sure the range is putting on the failsafe, it could be a faulty or low voltage battery, it might fully charge, but you might have a dead cell.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:28 AM
micronn

I have the same problem w/ my new dx3.0. My range is no more than 200'. I haven't tried a different RX yet. Like yours, my rx is different than the one identified in the fix. I deducted that it's not a voltage issue and has to do w/ the RX or TX. It is loosing signal, therefore triggering the fail safe. Seems like I had better luck w/ my RTR AM TX/RX!

Have you had any luck w/ fixing your range issue?
Old 03-01-2008, 04:22 PM
ftt4maniac

For awhile there i was thinking i was the only one. I had same problem, tried different reciever, didnt help. Called horizon hobbies, they said there is something definitely wrong. I sent it to them on jan 22, they have already fixed it, and are shipping back on monday.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:59 PM
joey79

I haven't made any attempt to fix it yet. I think I'm going to try making a new rx pack out of 5 AA 2500mah cells. Has anyone tried this? I don't really want to buy another rx, but I do have a Spektrum AR6000 rx. Will this bind with the dx3.0 tx?
Old 03-02-2008, 07:23 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check this...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=6942986
Old 03-02-2008, 07:23 AM
ftt4maniac

Joey79 send that sucker back to horizon hobbies, I had my problem in electric vehicle, and i added a reciever pack to it, to no luck. Horizon must have had a bad production run. I have a friend that has a dx3.0 and it works perfect.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: joey79

When I get my Revo about 150-200ft away, it'll kinda lock out, and the failsafe will kick in. I would imagine the range of this radio is more than that. The range of my DX6 for my t-rex heli is farther than I can see the heli.

My RX antenna isn't kinked or broken. TX and RX batteries charged fully. Could it be the stock RX pack (Traxxas 6v 1100mah) ? I've upgraded all the servos to Hitec metal geared. 5955TG on steering, 625MG on throttle/brake, 81MG for shifting. Maybe these servos draw alot more power, robbing the RX? I'm not sure.

The receiver in that link is an SR3000. If yours is one of those, it's worth checking.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:53 PM
joey79

ORIGINAL: ftt4maniac

Joey79 send that sucker back to horizon hobbies, I had my problem in electric vehicle, and i added a reciever pack to it, to no luck. Horizon must have had a bad production run. I have a friend that has a dx3.0 and it works perfect.
Is the problem with the TX or the RX?
Old 03-02-2008, 11:10 PM
micronn

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: joey79

The receiver in that link is an SR3000. If yours is one of those, it's worth checking.
The SR3000's that I purchased recently does not look like the one pictured in the above link. I have another SR3000 that I will use to determine if it's a TX or RX issue, but haven't had the opportunity to test it out yet. I have friends with SR3000's and they all do not have range issues. If I find time and can drive with them, I'll bind my TX to their RX to deduct if it's a TX or RX issue and possibly bind their TX to my RX too. However, I probably won't be able to go out until next month or so, but will post the result if someone else doesn't beat me to it.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:07 AM
joey79

Any new input on this?
Old 06-11-2008, 10:10 AM
JML M5

I have a DX2.0 and had range issues. I tied 2 6v hump packs with 1600mah each together and created a 12v hump pack. It shows 13v on my transmitter and now I have no range issues at all. It goes as far as I can see. I have used it this way for about 3 weeks now and all is well.