Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

rio review

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:15 PM
muldrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rio review

Just got down reading the official review for the new rio51 boat sounds like a real winner aside from the header cracking, I was wondering if anyone knows when aq is going to have the header issue fixed and also if its going to be fixed on the newer models or if its going to be a do it your self fix. thanks for any help i'm looking to get more into the gas boating hobby with the purchase of only my second gas boat, n this one looks alot like my style in a rtr, but i have been reading the forums about peoples header and exhaust issues and was looking for some more input on how its working out for the others.... and thanks again
Old 02-23-2008, 11:46 PM
coyv10

Default RE: rio review

What part of Texas are you in? watch the rio close has a cheesy engine already seen people changing to a zenoah then it makes for a good boat...
Old 02-24-2008, 01:49 AM
mauian

Just change the header to aluminum or change the whole exhaust. I run a modded whh zen in mine and she doing very well. I was or wanted to just run the stock system but evntually you will want to faster so WHH has good deals and dependable motors, @ 2.9 hp and 48 mph is darn good. People will differ in what a stock zen can do so call Tony @ whh and he can give you the low down on hp.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Believe It
Banned

ORIGINAL: coyv10

What part of Texas are you in? watch the rio close has a cheesy engine already seen people changing to a zenoah then it makes for a good boat...
The motor is fine for a play boat. In all the testing we did...never ONCE had a problem with the motor. It was swapped for a Zen in that boat because it is being RACED now.

But hey, its not like ive ever driven a stock Rio....

oh wait... i see my name in the review
Old 02-24-2008, 11:26 AM
muldrow

i'm in dallas, i'm sure i would eventually switch the motor out but like i said i'm no expert at gas boats so the fuji would have to last awhile to say the least