Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

system info computer people look

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

system info computer people look

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 02:53 PM
paulaballa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default system info computer people look

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Medion_MD...704_PC_Desktop this is my computer

http://cgi.ebay.com/1GB-KINGSTON-DDR...QQcmdZViewItem this is the ram I want to get

so basicly my question is will this ram work with my computer, and is my computer any good for gaming since I bought it I think 5 years ago. right now I can run fms smoothly,but when I run clearview sim it starts to get choppy and I got a ram tester and my ram % drops very low when I run clearview.I cant find any info on the onboard video card but I wanted to know if I am still going to need to buy a video card also.I know I will need to get a videocard for high end games but is my bus speed and all that ok or should I get a new comp.the only computer guy that I have talked to says my computer is a p.o.s. and I need a new one if im going to use it for gaming.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:09 PM
flyX

Default RE: system info computer people look

Vedio Card
Check to see how big your vedio card is

ram = space or how big it is...meaning you can run mulity applications/windows..like go on line and run CV at the sametime.
your PC is on a pos..good god intel 4 @ 2 + gig for power.

I can run CV on my LP which only has 128mb share memory..bascailly it's still taking space from my so call 1 gig of ram.
and I'm running Vista as an OS..which is a total memory hog. Just getting to my desktop..Vista will use 50% 60% of my memeory.

You're not using Vista

On a tower it's not going to be share memory. So yeah...I 'd try the Vedio Card first before Ram. Becuase getting a vedio card
is bascailly getting more RAM. it's just going to be dedicated to driving the graphics thereby freeing your motherboard's ram.

Heli-x and CV are wrriten in JAVA..and I'm not a Java buff.lol

To resolves that.. I bascailly changed my color sceheme to 16bit instead of 32bit.
Change you deesktop setting also ...all that shadows, borders for your Icon, shadows for the mouse...ect on your desktop

Have you check your BIOS..maybe your PC Bios wasn't set up for gaming or only for lite net surfing, or bussiness graphic.

My LP vedio card was set to only 68mb from the factory. I changed it to 128mb..that helped a lot.

This what I ment by changing your display setting.
I was having stickiness using heli-x. When I changed it..it solved it.
Keep the flash rates at 60 hrtz..it'll give you less headaches if you stair at the monitor all the time.
I changes it from true colors to high colors

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20243.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	887565  
Old 02-24-2008, 06:00 PM
paulaballa

when I use the program mem turbo I can monitor my ram and xp only uses 100mb to run
Old 02-24-2008, 07:26 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your setup is not a dedicated gaming system but should be good enough to run most games if you just upgrade the video card to a geforce 128 mb or better.the problem you may have is that you computer has built in video and only a pci slot for a video card instead of agp.you can check your video by going into control panel then display then settings then advanced it should give you the chipset imformation then click on adapter and should display amount of video memmory
Old 02-24-2008, 07:55 PM
flyX

which means you still have 400mb left to run whatever.
it's not your RAM.
How powerful is your vedio card ?
and how do you have it set ?
You might only have it set at 32mb or 64 mb..lol

I ran CV demo with my LT vedio memory set only at 64mb..smokes and all.

A sim is only a Virtaul Cam with a 3d mouse. if i can use any pano veiwer and don't have problems with that..
will then why in the heck would I have problems with a sim ?

If you can run FMS in photolistic sceneries without any problems then you shouldn't have any problems.

Have you tried running it in a smaller window ?
Just have it run in window mode and scale the window down a little bit smaller than full screen.

Have you adjust everything to performace instead of quility graphics ?
You might see more jagged lines when the model is at a stand still but when it's move..you can't tell.

You can install more ram but it's not going to drive your vedio any faster or better.
If you install a better Vedio card, it'll take to load off of your main processor.

Listen to your fan..notice the fan will start kicking in at the same time it'll start sticking.
Basically your vedio driver chip is getting hot.

You can also set the temperature in your Bios. If you set the temp at a lower range.
The fan will turn on faster.
Sometimes it's set just for lite usage
You might have to pay more for your electric bill..thou.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Knight_74

That memory won't work in your machine. But your biggest problem is the onboard video.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:40 PM
paulaballa

ORIGINAL: Knight_74

That memory won't work in your machine. But your biggest problem is the onboard video.

Why wont that memory work? what kind will?
Old 02-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Knight_74

Your machine is listed as using DDR ram. The memory you had picked was DDR2.
Your best bet is to check your documentation to be sure of what type of memory is needed.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:25 PM
paulaballa

I looked on my computer for what the on board grafixs were and it has 30mb lol but I bought a 128 mb agp gforce card off ebay
Old 02-26-2008, 08:31 PM
paulaballa

http://cgi.ebay.com/128MB-128-MB-Nvi...QQcmdZViewItem

This is what I bought hopefully it will be here soon
Old 02-26-2008, 08:34 PM
paulaballa

I screwed up big time there are ones that are 256mb for the same price grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrr
Old 02-27-2008, 05:01 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some things aren't always a screw up. It's not a given that the size of memory on a video card is all that matters.

And it's not always the graphics card that's the choke point for every application. A lot of games choke on cpu. Some choke on memory.

Lot's of times, you open up one choke and the application runs somewhat better but winds up limited by another component. There is a fair chance that the 256 card would have run better than 128s, but there is also a chance the cpu might hold back the overall performance such that a 256 wouldn't do any better than that 128. Who knows until you try it.

Nowadays, lots of applications need a balanced pc to work well. They want memory, video power, cpu speed that're all in the same ballpark. And when you finally get a decently strong pc with all good hardwares, Microsoft comes along with Vista and takes half that capability away just running the pig of an operating system.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:22 PM
AGR413
My Feedback: (1)

The absolute cheapest, most effective upgrade is RAM. No computer tech worth his/her salt will dispute this.

Get the manufacturer and model number from the motherboard and google it. You should be able to find an online manual, the manual will tell you what memory the board will accept, you need to ensure it matches up with your bus speed. It looks as though the board will only accept 1 gig. Get the best quality RAM you can afford.

You need to go into the bios an if there is a setting for "quite operation" or "performance" change it to performance. All this does is limit the RPM level the HD is allowed to spin.

Another item that is often overlooked is the Power Supply. A weak power supply can affect the overall performance of the machine greatly.