Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honey BEE King 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 12:57 PM
kmkdudemann
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honey BEE King 2

They probbally go over this somewhere in the main HBK2 thread but I dont have enough time or dont want to read 160 pages haha. Alrite well I just got my HBK2 a couple days ago their hasnt been a calm nice day yet to fly outside, I was wondering if their are any neccessary pre-flight adjustments or any suggestions about how is it different from a tail motor on my CP2? Also do I need to adjust the gyro or is completely ready to fly out of the box.

-KMK
Old 03-07-2008, 01:32 PM
homeunt
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Honey BEE King 2

mine was completely ready to fly right out of the box but difference in helis have difference in sensivity. You might wanna get used to i t indoors and adjust as you please. I also strongly suggest you to upgrade your tail servo and motor quickly they go off pretty fast
Old 03-07-2008, 02:11 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somehwere on youtube is a decent setup vid series on the HBK2. Here is the first one in his series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh30iHwx4GY&feature=user
Go thru your heli and some have also reported that the brushes on the stock motor are installed incorrectly from the factory. I have 2 of the stock motors here, will tear one down and check it out.
Important thing is that a well set up heli flys well......a poorly setup heli flys into the ground. Take your time and go thru everything. RTF out of the box is not a true statement, every heli I have gotten requires some tweaking to get it working properly.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 03-07-2008, 02:30 PM
kmkdudemann
Banned

Thanks for the input homeaunt & arrownaughtic

homeaunt, thats what ive heard the belt drive is a little more sensitive, yes I have a decent size garage with pretty much workout stuff & junk so its pretty open I already cleared it out for my CP2, and co-comanche, & yes im already planning on changing to the esky brushless 3100 or 3800 any suggestions on that?

arrownaughtic, yes thanks for the youtube clip, I find youtube to be exremely helpfull with upgrades and fixing my helis. About the motor being installed incorrectly how will I tell if it isnt on rite? Also any suggestions on any parts that break fast, & what new brushless motor to order thats the correct size?

thanks
-KMK
Old 03-07-2008, 03:14 PM
homeunt

you're welcome and i heard 3100kv and 3900kv esky brushless with 30A ESC are great combination. The downside is you need new batteries. I'll let you know how the install is once I do mine. My stock motor is still alive. I think I mentioned before but the tail servo on HBK2 died before my motor.
There is also a thread going on about hbk2 tail servo. If you do crash lightly you'll strip your main rotors and I suggest you to use furniture finish on it. The main shaft and belt you may wanna put very little bit of grease to give it an easier time with servos and motor. I heard a lot about people damaging their landing skids too. If you have cash you should upgrade them all but for the minimal I would suggest:
one extra tail servo
one extra pair of main rotor

then
motor esc battery etc.

remember to check all the screws and every thing on the centre hub before the flight and it'll be great.
P.S. I find that HBK2 is the easiest heli that I ever flew and i own 2 helis lol. Im waiting on my tail servo.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:43 PM
kmkdudemann
Banned

Alrite so if when I upgrade to a 3100kv or 3900kv will I have to buy a better then the stock 20a ESC or are they compatiable? Also what about battery power & length would it shorten flight time, and use more battery juice? The tail servo, any suggestions on a decent tail servo upgrade? Well thats good to hear haha yes im turning into a heli fanatic too. My HBK2 I just got for my 19th b-day, and also have a cp2, and 4 channel dual axle CO-Comanche.

homeunt, let me know how many flights you get out of your stock setup or stock motor & what not.

-KMK
Old 03-08-2008, 03:53 PM
homeunt

i've been suggested to buy a 30a eflite one because those are smoother and I agree. My gelt cp and its stock esky esc always messes up my main gear. It's very rough. I am suggested to get 15c battery for 3100kv and then 20c for 3900kv. Yet my hbk2 is alive for 12 flights and I fixed my tail servo by lublicating it a lot. I stripped my main rotor but furniture finish covered it better. People say you only get like 3 or 4 avg flight out of it.. I'll get you an idea I'm starting a poll
Old 03-08-2008, 04:25 PM
kmkdudemann
Banned

Yes thanks for the support on the electronics side homeunt, also good tips ill keep those in mind. Well feel free to post a shortcut to your poll thread in here, & I think im going to get a 3100 motor, new tail servo, main rotor. Also I have a mega power 15c 1350 mah will that work in my current HBK2 setup? It didn work on HB cp2 so I guess its for a bigger engine?
Old 03-08-2008, 06:34 PM
homeunt

no problem and my poll is here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7194755/tm.htm
sorry but I can't answer that question about your lipo battery. Like i said my stock motor isnt dead yet.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:29 PM
kmkdudemann
Banned

Alrite again thanks for your help, and im going to take your poll in a minute. I think you just about answered all my quistions I can think of.