Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

How to set up Lights System.....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

How to set up Lights System.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 11:08 AM
andy09776

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to set up Lights System.....

Is anyone familiar with using the Multi-Light Mini 8 light system?
Old 03-19-2008, 11:33 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: How to set up Lights System.....

Ah, sort of... What's the question?

Bob
Old 03-20-2008, 05:28 PM
andy09776

Well the instructions they give you aren't the best so basically how to set it up.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:25 PM
lov2flyrc

Andy...just give me a call
Old 03-20-2008, 06:29 PM
rhklenke

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: andy09776

Well the instructions they give you aren't the best so basically how to set it up.

Yea, the manual is not too good. Todd at Dreamworks said in another thread that he had an English manual. I don't know if that means its a better one or just the same English translation on their website.

Your best bet is to setup the Multilight Mini on a receiver with two channels controlled by rotary knobs. Then follow the instructions down to program the desired basic function and the flashing pattern. Fool with it until you figure out how to set those reliably. You don't have to have any emitters connected to the controller to program it and see the outputs - you'll see exactly what its going to do on the LEDs on the controller itself.

The RC 1 input controlls the basic programming. Set its pulse width to be less than 1.3 ms. This will select basic mode for programming. Then push SW1 and SW2 for 2 seconds to enter programming mode. Then as you change the pulse width on RC input 1 (using the rotary knob), the unit will go through the available light functions. When you have it on the one you want, press SW1 and SW2 to save it. Then start again and set RC input 1 to the middle to set the flashing pattern...

The final one is setting the cut on and cut off points. That one is a pain. It took me an hour or so to figure out how to get that set so that all lights are on when the gear are down and only the landing lights turn off when the gear go up. You do have to have RC input 2 connected for this step, even if you are not going to use it to do any switching...

Its a bit of a pain to setup, but it works well once you get it going and the Luxon emitters are very bright!

Bob