Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Futaba 6EXHP or Wfly 6, Wfly 9

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Futaba 6EXHP or Wfly 6, Wfly 9

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 02:11 AM
Yaquisports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6EXHP or Wfly 6, Wfly 9

I want to limit this to the three radios listed. Is the Futaba worth $90 more than the Wfly 6. The Wfly 9 is $100 more than the Wfly 6. This is for Trex 450 clone and I am limiting it to these three because their is a choice of the 3 with the package I am going with.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:47 AM
tbaus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 6EXHP or Wfly 6, Wfly 9

I fly with the Futaba 6EXH and like the radio. I have no experience with the WFLY radios. I looked at the specs, so my response is simply from what I read. The Wfly 6 radio does not appear to be a computer radio. It is your basic radio that will apparently work for helis. (swash mixing).. You can buy the Wfly 6 complete radio set on Ebay for $54. The Wfly 9 radio is a computer radio with 11 point throttle and pitch curves. This radio has 10 model memory and is PCM/PPM. It is PPM compatible with Jr and Futaba radios. (transmitters and receivers) This one seems to be priced at about $275 on Ebay. Again, I have only looked at the specs. It seems to be feature rich and setup for helicopters, but I didn't find such things as what swash modes the radio supports. I don't know if you can get the 2.4GHZ option on any of these radios ( Futaba makes a 6EX in 2.4 Ghz FASST) but if that is an option, I would highly recommend you consider it. Perhaps someone has experience with the Wfly 9 radio and will chime in.