Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

LMH Corona 120 with an AXI setup?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

LMH Corona 120 with an AXI setup?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 02:47 PM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LMH Corona 120 with an AXI setup?

Hey everyone.

I like to fly planes, but recently i have gained an interest in electric helicopters. I was interested in purchasing one, however it seems as though i could have two new brushless planes for the price of one helicopter with a semi good setup. I have an AXI 2820/10 with a jeti 40 amp ESC and a 11.1V 3 cell 3300 mAh lipo lying around (belonged to one plane which no longer exists). I found out that the corona 120 is a good beginners helicopter. I was wondering if i could save a few hundred bucks by using that power system on this heli?

Thanks guys!

Old 04-08-2008, 02:00 PM
redvtr1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LMH Corona 120 with an AXI setup?

There is a lite machines specific forum here on rc universe. I suggest you locate it and re-post your question there. I've got two LMH helis but both are still in the original nitro format. Both also in various forms of disassembly. I've spent a few bucks on them lately so maybe they will fly again.

Personally, if I was going to get into helis, I would probably not go for the lite machines. It's a pretty good heli but I think it's time has passed. Support is down from what it was on them, you are limited on where you can get parts or even find info on the forums. I'm not dogging the quality, though I don't approve of a lot of the hardware in a lite machines kit. Z-bends and cheesy clevis' have no place in a 500$ or more flying machine in my opinion.

My opinions are based off the nitro versions, if you had a good running / flying model they were worth it for the fun factor. If you had problems, it seemed like the thing spent more time in a box than at the field. I went through way too many fuel tanks, tail cases that would just fail for no reason.

Go ahead and ask the lmh forum though, someone will be able to tell you what will/wont work for motors and batteries. You might be able to pick one up used cheap, I've seen a few go for not much cash in the classifieds.