Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Healthy Choice, Gen Tso's Chicken and a Parts Cleaner

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Healthy Choice, Gen Tso's Chicken and a Parts Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 09:34 PM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Healthy Choice, Gen Tso's Chicken and a Parts Cleaner

I just stumbled onto a great little parts cleaner. The bowl and and steamer basket in Healthy Choice Steamers are not affected by alcohol and acetone. I'm out of MEK so I'm not sure how MEK would affect the bowl and basket. The bowl makes a really nice wide and flat container to clean parts and the basket can be used to lift parts from the cleaning solution if needed. My wife has more than once given me the bad eye for using a glass or stainless bowl from the kitchen when I need to clean a part with acetone. So here is to healthier eating and keeping the wife happy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23655.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	922709  
Old 04-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Nathan King

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Healthy Choice, Gen Tso's Chicken and a Parts Cleaner

Hey, that's a good idea. I just ate one of those Cafe Steamers the other day!
Old 04-06-2008, 04:44 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: airbusdrvr
My wife has more than once given me the bad eye for using a glass or stainless bowl from the kitchen when I need to clean a part with acetone. So here is to healthier eating and keeping the wife happy.
Jeezus, you really ought to listen (or look) to her more often.

Cleaning agents usually contain poisons. If they don't then the things they clean off our parts very often do. And sometimes the cleaner and the crud combine into poison. Sometimes the cleaner and the bowl make poison.

"Healt" might not be the issue. Life might be.

Honest, it really isn't a very good idea to clean stuff in your kitchen bowls and later cook with them or eat out of them. It ain't just about keeping her happy.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:25 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 281 Likes on 243 Posts

And you live to tell the tale too!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:45 PM
victorzamora

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think those things are disposable, so cooking in them after you clean your parts in them really shouldn't be too much of a worry. If they aren't disposable (which I REALLY doubt) paying a little bit to make a tool so useful specific to cleaning parts.
If someone did that, that was part of this hobby, over the few dollars that the steamer represents...it'd really surprise me. But, then again...people constantly surprise me with their, brilliance.