Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

accessory module

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

accessory module

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 03:37 PM
roadtrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accessory module

Anybody know of an accessory switch or module that you can plug into one of the channels on the reciever? I'm looking to plug lights, bomb drops and brakes into the accessory module and then plug the module into an open channel on the reciever. I only have 9 channels and 8 are used up with engines, controls and retracts.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:57 AM
APMECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accessory Module

Have you looked into an rc switch that you can run in parallel with another channel? There is an optically isolated switch that you can run off a "Y" harness lets say off of your gear channel that will allow you to turn on a landing light when the gear comes down and off when the gear comes up. you can use these swithces to "close" or "open" anywhere during the channels movements. I use mine for landing light and also another for onboard glow driver at low throttle settings due to the fact my engine is mounted inverted. Makes starting and low speed flying easy and without the fear of dead sticking it.