Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

pls. help me with my glowplug

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 06:17 AM
r2drift2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pls. help me with my glowplug

just 2 days ago my old glow plug died. i had that one for about a good 3 months. it was an O.S. #5. so i went to the local hobby shop and told them i need a glow plug. the guy asked me if my engine was new or old. i said its about 8 months old and is ready to give up anyday now. so he recomend the O.S. #8. so it will burn hotter. i only had that plug for 2 days and it died on me. i checked out the coil and it look fine, it was still shiny and new. i hooked it up on my glow igniter and there was no glow. i tested my glow igniter on my neighbors plug and my igniter was good. i put on my neighbors glow plug on my car and it was good. so why did that #8 glow plug die so fast? oh, and i ran my car normally and not to fast. just moderate speed. can you guys help me with this one.
Old 05-02-2003, 07:08 AM
Evilpob

to me it sounds like a faulty plug or your glow starter is to powerful for the plug... i.e 1.2 plug can be blown by using a 2v starter...

happened to me... but reckonnemd you take it into the shop and demand a new one... on the case it was faulty..

I reckonmend model techics quickfire plugs..

hope you have better luck..
Old 05-02-2003, 11:29 AM
r2drift2

Default glow plug

evilpob, you know what. i havn't even thought of the different volts. it never came to me. im gonna check that one out first, but if the volts are ok, im gonna go back to the hobby shop. thanks man!
Old 05-02-2003, 12:51 PM
eltorito

I run OS #8 plugs and they hold up pretty well. I do have to agree about the voltage. If it wasn't for my buddy jswinkos, I would have probably burned a couple.