Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Evolution 26GX questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 03:21 PM
gurumods
My Feedback: (43)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evolution 26GX questions

First of all,Do i hook up my kill switch between the battery and the ignition module using the small universal type lead with red and black wire ??.Second Q,I am using the Evolution wrap around pitts muffler.Do i use the default settings for the silencer ?.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:59 AM
DKjens
My Feedback: (50)

Default RE: Evolution 26GX questions

You should have a manual switch between the ignition battery and the ignition. If this switch has a charge jack you can also charge the battery this way. If you have an additional remote ignition kill, that should be installed between the manual switch and the ignition.
I am not sure I understand your second question. I doubt the manual has carburetor needle settings for different type mufflers. If you bought the engine new, just run at first time with the way the needles are set. If you have 0 experience with running this type engine, please go to your local field or find local people who do have experience, and run it with them.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:39 PM
gurumods
My Feedback: (43)

In the manual there is a programming sequence for either a Long or Short sliencer.I was just curious to know if the wrap around muffler would be in the Long or Short category.It is not a carb. needle setting that i am looking for (i have plenty of experience with that).It is an ignition timing setting that can be changed depending on what muffler is used.I guess i will go with the default setting for now
Old 06-18-2008, 11:59 PM
vita-40

my G26gx has a miss when it is flyine. I have gone over everthing and con't seem to find the problem.The engine dosn't quit but just scsres the heck out of me.Allso the needle seting keeps changing.I have the engine in a Goldburg extra 330 with 77" wingspan.It is underpowered i know but i would like to get the kinks out of it before trying another airframe.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:03 PM
kochj

Not sure where you have been or what you checked......... You checked everything??????????

You also asked if a engine can run backwards and if it would hurt anything if you could get it to run that way?

I would say that you could post that questionin the Gas engine forum and try and find out what is going on....

I am sure that many persons can offer you help///

Always call your manufacture 1st!!!!! 9/10 the can walk you threw it and find out if it is major or warrenty ect ect.....

Hope that helps