Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Lipo... Dead??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 03:24 PM
homeunt
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo... Dead??

I have two 15c 1500mah 11.1v Mystery Lipos for my HBK2. On last friday, I found that one of them has the red wire to the t-plug disconnected. I soldered it back on. Then I could charge it just fine and flew for a pack just fine. It rechaged fine again and I used it.
After the 2nd pack out of the lipo with soldered wire, the battery won't charge. The smart-computer says "battery bad, voltage shortage"
What does that mean? Could someone suggest me what to do to bring it back if possible?

I'm looking at 2x 2400mah 15c 11.1 Mystery Lipos at the moment but I would really prefer to bring my 1500mahs back to life. 2400mah take way too long to charge...
Old 04-28-2008, 03:43 PM
jaketrouble

Default RE: Lipo... Dead??

i had a battery like that too.. after i soldered the wires back on it would not take a charge.. the someone told me to make sure i had a very clean connection.. what i had to do was melt all of the old solder off,,make sure the wires were good and clean and carefully solder them back on. now it works like a charm..

make sure you dont have too much excess solder on there.. anyway,,thats what i did and it worked fine..jake
Old 04-28-2008, 03:49 PM
homeunt
My Feedback: (3)

thx jaketrouble, I took off the red wiring and my charger started charging..
The fact is my poor job on soldering caused the lipo to drain down to 7.14v total. Fortunately, my charger is fixing it. I'm waiting for my solder gun to heat up.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:00 PM
jaketrouble

no problem,,

my soldering sucks too.. but on the second try i just took my time,,,made sure all the old solder was off and neatly solder the wires back on and it is still working fine after 5 or 6 charges,,, good luck and be careful.... jake