Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

4 Engine -- C130

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 11:58 AM
jimcork1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 Engine -- C130

I am currently building a C130 w/ 4 Saito's .30's. The wing is complete, Fuse is almost complete, but the vertical (not folding) landing gear is an issue. I have built a retract for the nose wheel, but have nothing for the mains. The retract firms I spoke to either do not build it or,, (REALLY Big $$$$). I have decided to retract nose and leave down mains. They only extend partially below the fuse by about 1".

Hopefully it will fly this fall.

There are 8 servos, 1 rec, 1 bat, 1 switch in the wing.
The tail has 5 servos, 1 rec, 1 bat, 1 switch.

I know about splitting controls, but disassembly and travel made the current setup requried. I flight tested every component except engines in other planes prior to installation.

Any helpful suggestions? Thanks vettdvr : :spinnyeye
Old 05-07-2003, 07:49 AM
Jimmy Bananas
My Feedback: (13)

Default C-130

What kit are you building?..Gene barton makes retracts for a C-130..have installed mine and with operating doors on the mains....using a robart retract gear for the nose wheels..no doorsWas planning on using 4 Mag's 30 4-strokes,but plane is going to heavier than I thought it would be..have switched to Mag's 36 2 strokes..all engines will be inverted.....breaking them in now....maybe by fall, it will be ready for test flights...going to fly in the primer stage,and if everything goes right,will paint it over the winter and spring,next year...good luck
Old 05-07-2003, 12:11 PM
jimcork1
My Feedback: (4)

Default Retracts?

I don't know Gene? I am currently building fixed gear for the mains. They will only stick out of the wheel well a small amount and not easily seen in the air. I tried many places for retracts to include Robart. Noone had any when I checked. I did find one custom builder for over $700 would build a set and I thought that was a bit steep for me. This is the American Eagle (kit?). It was basically foam cores and a f/glas fuse. I have had to build everything else. There was no wood in the kit. I have built it w/4 saito's, full flaps, retract nose, removable h/stab so I can get at all the servos. There is one 1/4 scale servo in the rudder, 2 hitec h/torque in the elev. Futuba ret for nose wheel,, tower for nose steering. 4 micro for engines mounted on the back of the firewall. I mounted the engines horiz. due to being my first multi and I wanted reliable operation. (I really thought about inverted.). Total weight before mains added is 11# with almost 2000 in of wing. I looked into operational ramp and door for air drops. Paint? my entire plane is now F/g and I will paint it to match the plane I flew combat sorties in Vietnam. Same numbers/colors etc. I may modify r/door later for airdrop. This has been a team of (1) building and hopefully flight test in sep/oct. Jim
Old 05-07-2003, 01:30 PM
Jimmy Bananas
My Feedback: (13)

Default C-130...

You have mail.......