Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

A couple of new boats ready for delivery.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

A couple of new boats ready for delivery.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 04:43 AM
sonicracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple of new boats ready for delivery.

Both boats are 60" Titan offshore monos. The orange boat has a single engine and is going to Hervey Bay here in Australia. The yellow boat has an inline engine with clutch and water pumps and will be heading for Cyprus after testing this weekend.

Cheers, Danny.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:12 AM
STEVE MARSHALL

Default RE: A couple of new boats ready for delivery.

Very nice Danny, but i thought you might have colour coded the pool noodles on the yellow boat.
Steve
Old 05-14-2008, 05:13 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice boats Danny ,you say monos but if they have a step arent they classed as hydros?.
Mart
ps the orange boat looks pink
Old 05-14-2008, 05:23 AM
STEVE MARSHALL

I was in you part of the country last night, I should have stayed another day and come and had a look at your toys.
Steve
Old 05-14-2008, 05:35 AM
martno1fan

Danny i notice on your site you do a non stepped titan yet the ones you just posted have steps is this the new improved version
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14715.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	949120  
Old 05-14-2008, 05:42 AM
sonicracing

Steve, I bought a box of 50 and there was only one yellow one in the whole box so I figure that color must be hard to come by.... maybe I should put it on Ebay. By all means, pop in when ever your in the neighborhood.

Mart, I believe it says "offshore mono". Different countries have different rules and here in Australia offshore class doesn't distinguish between hull types as yet, also I thought the red noodles looked pink against the orange hull in the photos. [sm=tongue_smile.gif]

Cheers, Danny.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:45 AM
sonicracing

Mart, It's not new and improved, It's a version without steps that can be legally raced in "mono class" is all. It hasn't won any races as yet but has won a round. Like they say "to finish first - first you have to finish".

Cheers again, Danny.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:48 AM
martno1fan

Haha your colour blind mate ,def nice boats i saw two of the non stepped ones run last year in offshore .Thanks for clearing the rules up for me i believe over here the step means id have to run with hydros if i raced my stepped vee.That said they allways change rules so who knows lol .You make great boats for sure keep up the good work.
Mart
Old 05-14-2008, 05:52 AM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: sonicracing

Mart, It's not new and improved, It's a version without steps that can be legally raced in "mono class" is all. It hasn't won any races as yet but has won a round. Like they say "to finish first - first you have to finish".

Cheers again, Danny.
Sorry Danny i meant the stepped version are they the new improved version ,not sure where the titan finnished in offshore here but the day i saw them they were one of the fastest but it wasnt a day for fast boats conditions were 2 ft waves [X(].
Old 05-14-2008, 06:32 AM
sonicracing

Not color blind, just getting old.

There was only one of these hulls ( the stepped one) at Windermere last year driven by Robert from Caerphilly. I believe he came second on the day. He has had some set up issues with regards to steering, maybe the water is different in the UK as I have set up around 15 of these here and they all turn very well left or right.

To save confusion, the original hull is called the Titan offshore and is a stepped hull. The newest version is called the Titan R60 or just R60 and is not stepped. I think there is also a hull called a Caymen from Europe which would look very similar on the water.

I ran my own Titan offshore a few weeks ago in some 30 to 40 knot winds with 1 to 2 foot waves and handled the conditions very well as can be seen in this video.

[link=http://sonicracingaustralia.com/v/yt001.wmv]23 MB, 3 min 30 sec. Yellow mono[/link]

Cheers, Danny.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:49 AM
munro1656

Hi danny
boats are looking good! I wouldn't mind catching up with you again on the water i can't make it out this weekend because of work but sometime soon would be great. just send peter a email I have some serious radio isues to work out it's p@#$ing me off i can't get a good run you saw what happend last time!
Old 05-14-2008, 07:05 AM
sonicracing

Will be racing this Sunday at Boral and testing Christos's boat before it goes to Cyprus. My numbers at the bottom of my main web page. I emailed Pedro a week or two ago, busy with his new baby too I would think.

My Gemma is nearly 5 months now.

Cheers, Danny.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:52 AM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: sonicracing

My Gemma is nearly 5 months now.

Cheers, Danny.

Cute little lady Danny she matches the pink boat too .Cant speak for the water here versus over there exept to say no crocs here and the waters probably a few degrees cooler.