Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

What is the diferience between these header?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

What is the diferience between these header?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 05:19 PM
WILDGAS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the diferience between these header?

Hi all, I would like to know What is the difference between the "V Header" and "90 degree header"? I know the structural difference, but I don't know the performance's difference.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:00 PM
jacob711

Default RE: What is the diferience between these header?

if by "v header" you mean deep vee header they are just to fit the pipe in the boat without sticking all the way out the back like a 90 degree, a 90 degree will have better performance because the gasses don't have to go around a bunch of bends and im not sure if you would be able to set the pipe length short enough on a deep vee header
Old 05-15-2008, 03:43 AM
MrMikeG

Jacob got it in one. A Deep Vee header can't be run short enough to get a true "Tuned" performance out of. If your worried about fitting in a hull you would be better off with a 90* header attached to a muffler. The only performance gain (if any) is from an increase in back pressure. Fit a 90* or 100* or save your money and just buy a muffler. QD does make a wrap forward then back pipe that is tuned though, they are a little bigger and won't fit all hulls but the bends are in the chamber, not just the header.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:34 AM
Jager 247

i wouldn't bother with the forward wrap header (v header) just get either a 90, 105, 106 and cut the hatch and let her fly out the back. you can mount a bracket either on top of the transom or to the rudder or strut.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:31 AM
SS RC Boats

If you want to get the performance and still keep the pipe in the hull go with the QD deep v pipe. A little $$$,but you can still get the performance of a 90*,100* or 105* header. Just let Mitch or Todd know what hull you want to put in so they can make sure it will fit.