Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

what parts to keep onhand?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 07:41 PM
zackesch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what parts to keep onhand?

so far, i have 3 cars: mini t, xxx-s, and the rc 10 t4. what parts should i keep a few in my personal stock? i know shock towers and A-arms are the main bits to go, what else should i keep on hand?
Old 05-24-2008, 07:46 PM
calvino

Default RE: what parts to keep onhand?

spur gears, the last thing you want to do is fry a spur at the track... and be down for a while due to a simple part
Old 05-24-2008, 08:32 PM
omg no name

turnbuckles
Old 05-24-2008, 10:14 PM
ozium

A arms, C hubs, bearing carriers, axles - anything that might break when your front tire clips something at full speed.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:33 AM
mmkain

don't forget e-clips & hinge pins
Old 05-25-2008, 10:39 AM
adam-69

a good supply of screws is always wise. and they way i decide what parts i need is imagine driving full speed into a wall..what would break?
Old 05-26-2008, 01:34 AM
TheRCShack
My Feedback: (27)

1 of everything and/or a back up car if you can. Sounds like your starting to get serious.Might be time to look for a couple cheap rollers and then find some parts lots at a garage sale ad and build you up back up cars or have a full stock of each part.Takes time depending on your budget but it is well worth it to pull that back up car out and throw your body on it.Then your more apt to take your time during a repair while you wait for your next round. You do not need to rush to get it together in time so you make no mistakes or are less likly to make mistakes.Back up cars are a must for professionals.Some have many.On most budgets though you can wait and take your time and find deals here and there and put together a good back up from a cheap roller and a few good deals.Deals are out there.You may have enough laeftovers of what you do not use now to trade off for what you want also.Most the time it is cheaper to build a back up unit out of used parts bought or traded for then to buy a few extra parts new.Just a thought.