Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Little Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Doonagoowin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little Help

Hey guys, I'm not sure what the camber and caster are.
I heard that there are negative, positive, and neutral degree tuning for them, but I have no idea what these are.
Will somebody help me as I want to get more in depth in tuning cars?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Little Help

Camber is the angle of the wheels in relation to the horizontal plain. Negative camber makes the wheels look like this when viewed from the front //____\\ Wheels perfectly vertical would be 0 camber. If this is for an on road car, start with 1.5* of negative camber on the front wheels, and 2* on the back and work from there.

Caster is a bit tougher to explain, but basically, it's how far forward or back (always back though) the steering axis leans. It's mainly used to prevent bump steer and make directional transitions less violent. Try this site, it's really great for understanding setups. http://users.pandora.be/elvo/