Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

ESC Problem/Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 03:51 PM
plane phanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC Problem/Question

A few months ago, I purchased an electric 4CH P-51D Mustang. After I assembled it I decided to try it out. After turning it on, the motor didn't function. A few seconds later, smoke started coming from the plane. After disconnecting the battery, I inspected the plane and discovered that the wires leading to the power switch and ESC were burned. Will I need to replace the ESC or can I just replace the burnt wires? Feel free to ask any questions about the plane. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
plane phanatic

Old 06-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Zombie512

Default RE: ESC Problem/Question

You could just replace the wires but that probably will not solve your problem. The switch could be the problem but chances are your ESC is probably at fault. You should also check to make sure that the wiring connections are correct. ie. batt pos to switch pos to ESC pos. etc...best of luck.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:35 PM
plane phanatic

Zombie512:

Thank you for the quick response. I will try replacing the ESC, and check the wiring.

Best Regards,
plane phanatic
Old 06-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Sir Raleigh

The wires were trying to act like a fuse but didn't "blow" like a fuse would. And like a fuse if you just replace it it will more than likely just blow again. You need to discover what caused the fuse to blow in the first place and the ESC is a prime candidate.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:16 PM
plane phanatic

Thanks for the help, very much appreciated.