Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

sikk 27cc carb setting

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

sikk 27cc carb setting

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 11:30 PM
howwielbc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sikk 27cc carb setting

i have a new never started sikk 27 engine and walbro carb 771 need to no the high speed and low setting can you help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 06-23-2008, 12:30 AM
fkboatman

Default RE: sikk 27cc carb setting

I ran my brand new sikk today and did not need to adjust anything., start it up let warm up, udjust idle mixture scrw low one to gain best idle condition, high is in the water and running using a tach. and a ear, always check plug after each run the lighter it gets the leaner it is. you want on the brown side. NOT GREY THAT IS LEAN AND YOU WILL BURN IT DOWN. I am in tacoma and a marine mechanic by trade neep help just ask. Where in Washington you at
Old 06-23-2008, 01:22 AM
mauian

ORIGINAL: fkboatman

I ran my brand new sikk today and did not need to adjust anything., start it up let warm up, udjust idle mixture scrw low one to gain best idle condition, high is in the water and running using a tach. and a ear, always check plug after each run the lighter it gets the leaner it is. you want on the brown side. NOT GREY THAT IS LEAN AND YOU WILL BURN IT DOWN. I am in tacoma and a marine mechanic by trade neep help just ask. Where in Washington you at
Do you know what the settings are since they have been changed from stock. I'm helping Howwie out a tad and it not wanting to start normally. thanks
Old 06-23-2008, 07:04 AM
thevirginian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey fkboatman;
I am very interested in getting a SIKK engine myself. O'Neil Brothers sell them with a steel pipe for $399. They claim the 25.4 is putting out 5.5 HP[sm=confused.gif]. That sounds too good to be true. Once you had a chance to run yours let us hear what you think about this motor.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:32 PM
Tell 1uk

Iv'e run a sikk for over a year without any probs apart from blowing head gaskets I cured this by using a cooper gasket then no probs I suggest you do this before you go much further. The carb setting is about 11/2 on each screw and adjust for performance as already stated I use a 257 walbro and it runs well turning a octura X472 prop.