Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 1/3 scale Cap 232 and 3W 85B2SS who flys this combo?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Hanger 9 1/3 scale Cap 232 and 3W 85B2SS who flys this combo?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2002, 06:31 PM
3dkid
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger 9 1/3 scale Cap 232 and 3W 85B2SS who flys this combo?

hello awhile back i remember hearing a guy say that he has that combo who are you? im thinking about buying that engine for my Cap how did yours work out? thanks in advance oh and if you have some pictures that would be great thanks!

David
Old 03-14-2002, 04:37 AM
Mike Rojas

I am not the person you are looking for,however I do have an 3W-80 in my cap,If you would like to some pics,let me know what you would like to see and I will take them and mail them to you.E-Mail me at [email protected] registered address with RCU is inop at the moment but the CS address is good.
Mike
Old 03-14-2002, 04:48 AM
JBH
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Default Re: Hanger 9 1/3 scale Cap 232 and 3W 85B2SS who flys this combo?

Originally posted by 3dkid
hello awhile back i remember hearing a guy say that he has that combo
Hi David!

I had a TOC version (3W-85) on a H9 Extra and I 3D'd that combo. Pulled out from TRs and all. Not like a DA-100... but not too bad. How much cheaper is it going to be from Bobby than a used 100 twin? I see alot of good deals lately.
Old 03-14-2002, 05:49 AM
JPrc
My Feedback: (22)

Default 3W 85SS

HI 3D KID

I AM INTERESTED IN WHAT MODIFICATIONS BOBBY HAS TOLD YOU HE DOES TO HIS SS ENGINES. I JUST SENT ONE TO AI TO HAVE IT FIXED AND FOUND OUT FROM GERHARDT THAT THESE ENGINES ARE STOCK WITH BLUE SCREWS. NEEDLESS TO SAY I AM PRETTY PISSED OFF BECAUSE I WAS TOLD THAT MODIFICATIONS WERE DONE TO THE PORTS AND THE COMPRESSION WAS BALANCED. I AM TELLING YOU THIS SO YOU DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY THINKING YOU HAVE A MODIFIED ENGINE. I HAVE 2 OF THE 100SS FROM BOBBY AND THEY RUN GREAT, BUT HAD I KNOW NOTHING WAS DONE TO THEM, I WOULD HAVE SPENT A LITTLE EXTRA AND BOUGHT THE TOC VERSIONS FROM GERHARDT. I HAD SEVERAL GOOD BUDDYS SUGGEST THAT I NOT DO BUSINESS WITH BOBBY BECAUSE OF PROBLEMS WITH HIM IN THE PAST. DON'T GET ME WRONG, 3W ARE GREAT ENGINES BUT THIS IN FALSE ADVERTISEMENT ON BOBBY'S PART. IN THE END IT IS YOUR MONEY TO SPEND. I AM JUST GIVING YOU THIS INFORMATION SO YOU DON'T FIND OUT AFTER YOU SPEND THIS MUCH MONEY LIKE I DID.
Old 03-14-2002, 06:56 AM
3dkid

well i had written a reply to everybody and the forum's decided to fart it took me like 10 min to get everything in im to lazy to type it all again but what i said was i talked to bobby and bla bla bla lol i think i decided im going to get the new BME Extreme 102 or 105 whatever it is im not sure still anyways see you guys later

David
Old 03-14-2002, 01:16 PM
Donnie

Default Cap 232

I have the 3W 85ss in my Cap.I got to fly it last weekend
for the first time,This is one great airplane. I belive the
85ss is just about the right size I know It`s not as much
as the DA 100,But I did`nt need any more power when
it would hover less than half stick. Great snap rolls,
stops when you let off the sticks,lands like a trainer.
just my 2 pennies
Old 03-26-2002, 02:56 AM
J. AVANT
My Feedback: (11)

I fly that combo,and very pleased with it. I had a little cg problem at first but now that is fixed it flys great.you have to cut the cowl up a bit because of the mufflers but other than that it fits very well.
Old 03-26-2002, 03:02 AM
J. AVANT
My Feedback: (11)

I fly that combo,and very pleased with it. I had a little cg problem at first but now that is fixed it flys great.you have to cut the cowl up a bit because of the mufflers but other than that it fits very well.