Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Tire suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 07:44 PM
R/C fan-addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire suggestions?

Hi guys, I'm building up my Tamiya TRF415 currently, and I'm looking into different tire options for it. The kit came with some 25mm wide wheels (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAJG7&P=7) which I would like to use if possible. I'm not going to be racing this car, mostly just the roads and parking lots near my house, so it won't be carpet or very smooth asphalt. I want to spend under $30 for the tires and foams if possible. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:56 PM
Southern Cross

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tire suggestions?

I'm having Tamiya tire "troubles" too. I went with the Tamiya Med-Narrow Racing Radials. They look to be an excellent pattern and I'm dying to try them on my 416 I just built...well...still building...I keep getting held up waiting on bits to get shipped to me...waiting on the last part now...the cooling setup for my Sphere. I'm only going to use these on asphalt...tennis courts and streets. I have a set of slicks for the track. When you get yours setup...please let me know what foam you are going to run. I have a post up looking for input on whether or not the standard foam that comes with Tamiya tires is better than the hard foam inserts they make (They are the ones pictured in your manual). I bought them thinking they would be better but when I installed them I wasn't sure..the fit doesn't seem to be as good as regular foam. The hard inserts look like they keep more of the tread flat against the road surface...whereas the standard foam gives you more of a round tire. Dumb question I know...but I figured I'd get some input before I glue.