Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Toe in on F-18F's

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Toe in on F-18F's

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 11:12 PM
jetspud

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Toe in on F-18F's

How sensitive are F-18F's when it comes to toe in. I have some toe in set but it hits the the gear wheel whale when it is retracted so I need to decrease it some to allow the space. I know my T-45 was extremely sensitive.. All hell broke loose because it has slight toe out.. How much toe in do you guys have set...

Thanks

David
Old 06-24-2008, 11:15 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Toe in on F-18F's

Both those jets have trailing link landing gear, so I don't know if they are more sensitive to toe in / toe out...but on my F-16, I put a yard stick against the main wheels and made sure it was absolutely parallel to the centerline of the jet.....it tracks like it was on rails.....FWIW....
Old 06-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Kelly Rohrbach
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Dave
From my experience it is not as important how much toe in you have but not to have any toe out!!
I have been looking at the same issue with my Tam F18 and have seen a take off with no toe in that I could see and it never left the centerline of the runway.
On my Bandits I just make sure they are perfectly straight which is not easy to do, so I just toe them in enough that I know there is no toe out.
Works of me
Kelly
Old 06-25-2008, 03:37 AM
jetnuno

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi

Your Hawk as the gear in the wings, so it should be more sensitive to toe in/out.

The F18 tracks fine with 0º. Just be sure that under aceleration the wheels do not open to toe out and you will be fine.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:06 AM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed. My Tam F18 tracks great with 0-1 degree toe in (slight visible toe in), no toe out.
DD
Old 06-25-2008, 07:04 AM
Rob B.
My Feedback: (7)

0 degree toe-in is fine on the F-18F, I have mine set to 0 (to clear the doors) and it tracks perfectly straight. I had one main gear that was loose, which resulted in 2 deg toe-out on one side, it still tracked just fine.

Rob B.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:32 AM
junglejet

Dude, you only need toe in on tail draggers. Alignment on tricicle undercarriage aircraft should be zero degrees.