Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Nomadio temp sensor retarded

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 03:46 PM
spiftacu1ar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nomadio temp sensor retarded

I have a nomadio sensor, which has worked fine in the past. Today, when i started it up (the electronics, not the engine), the temperature read at 120 degrees (wth, i thought it was supposed to be nicer today). I took everything back in and removed the sensor. I squeezed it with my fingers to see if it was consistently off by 40 degrees, or if it was on large doses of crack. As it turns out, it was on large doses of crack: within seconds the temp shot up to 380 degrees (damn i didn't know i was THAT hot) and then rapidly fluctuated up and down between 100 and 400 degrees. Next, i took a cold cup of water, and dipped to sensor in. The temperature settled at about 60 degrees, which seemed about right. As soon as i removed it, and wiped to water off, it went crazy again. I have no idea what is wrong here.

Is my temp sensor broken, or is it the receiver? Since my last use, I did reinstall the electronics because i needed to get at stuff under them. Could this simply be an incorrect installation of something? Any help would be well appreciated.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:45 PM
spiftacu1ar

Default RE: Nomadio temp sensor retarded

BUMP!!! Nomadio support won't help me.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Redharris

You probably have a cold solder joint somewhere in the sensor.

Overtime, or with large temperature fluctuations, solder will begin to Crystalize and get weak. At this point it will Crack(with all the Vibration in an RC) and become an Intermittant contact in the circuit. This can cause all sorts of havoc in an electronic circuit.

Open the sensor(if you can) and visually(with a magnifying glass) check all the solder joints. reflow any that are bad. Your sensor MAY then work correctly.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:22 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: spiftacu1ar

BUMP!!! Nomadio support won't help me.
Does not surprise me as I have not been able to get any more RX for quite some time. I am about to the point I regret getting my Nomadio React!!!!!!!!![:@]