Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

hull cover on super g

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

hull cover on super g

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 07:03 AM
knicks5171

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hull cover on super g

Hello everybody

I was just wondering what i would need to do in order to put a hull cover on my super g. Do I need to water cool it in order to do that or does it not matter. If I do need to water cool it than what do I need to do and how much would it cost.

Thanks,

Alex
Old 07-02-2008, 03:24 PM
monsterbrad

Default RE: hull cover on super g

I would call Tony and see what he says
That motor is air cooled and they need lots of air so I would not cover it up and run it in the hot weather unless you make a huge cut out in the front of your cover.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

Default RE: hull cover on super g

ORIGINAL: monsterbrad

I would call Tony and see what he says
That motor is air cooled and they need lots of air so I would not cover it up and run it in the hot weather unless you make a huge cut out in the front of your cover.

Naturally its going to need some airflow but the G' deck has two holes. Just make sure the air has a flow... ie, what comes in can circulate out.
How much cooling is on a weedwacker or even a chainsaw for that fact? Not much if any. I've ran one on my G' with a hatch & aircooled RC230 w/no problems. Now if you mod the engine then naturally its going to run a little hotter and more precaution is needed. The cooling fan on that huge flywheel along with those fins on the cylinder do a great job of dissipating heat.

Drop a hood on there.