Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

3W 32% or Fiberclassics 33% Extra 330L???

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

3W 32% or Fiberclassics 33% Extra 330L???

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 11:28 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3W 32% or Fiberclassics 33% Extra 330L???

I found an old thread on this but would like to make a new thread and see what is happening. These planes really grab my interest but are dang expensive, even at the new FC price.

What are some of the pros and cons of each plane? I want a 3D/IMAC beast that is as good as it gets. Nothing is perfect, each have there flaws, but what do you guys out there with these planes think?
Old 05-13-2003, 12:11 AM
FC330FLYER
My Feedback: (1)

Fiberclassics all the way. Built mine in 1.5 weeks and flies better than my other one did. They only get better. I have flown it prolly 7 or 8 times and I can do the advanced sequence better than ever. The plane is SOLID. I can't speak for the 3W, never flown or seen one. But all I know is my FC ROCKS!!!!!!

Ethan
Old 05-13-2003, 01:47 AM
IFLY3W
My Feedback: (5)

Default 3W 330s

Shortman, I had a 3W 32% for 2 1/2 years. It is a great airplane. I had mine done in 3 weeks, only due to time constraints. 5 hours a nite 5 nites a week. And 75% of that was set up time, as I had never set up an airplane of that caliber before. I had a 3W 78 twin on mine. Final weight on this was 26#. I'm not sure of the weight on the FC. Not sure how the FC flies, never flew one, nor seen one!! I put alot of heart and soul into that plane only to sell it at teh beginning of last year. And that was after I re-finshed it. I bought mine as a Level 2. Which comes red or white. Mine was red adn I put a bunch of grafix on it, made it look cool!!

I really made a testament to how tough that little 32%'er is!! I had 3 dead stick landings, adn 1 was in a hover!!! Truth comes out, yes!!! All it did was push the LG up inside of the fuse, that was it!!! Of course, I broke it there 2 more times. No biggie!! After I re-finished it, I weighed around 27 1/2#. A little heavy, and still flew nicely!! I was turning a MenzS 3 blade 24x10 at over 6K!!!! It sounded good too!!! I had alll JR equipment and NiMH's. I learned 3D on it and in my first IMAC contest, I placed 5th!! Not bad for a guy who barely flew the sequence!! I'm not much of an IMAC buff, but can fly it when I want to!! I mainly like 3D. And can do most everythign out there there is to do with a plane!! I really wish I had the before and after pics of my 32%, I'd love to show you all the transformation from grafix'ed to true MonoKote finish!!

With either plane, you cannot go wrong. It's just a matter of personal pref!

Enjoy!!

Chris~
Old 05-13-2003, 02:19 AM
Shortman

Great replys from both you guys...

My thoughts are the

3W 32% Extra 330L is some $1300

The Fiberclassics 33% Extra 330L is about $1200 painted

there nearly the same, but the FC is all fiberglass. So basically when you say personal preference your 100% right.

My question now is, is it worth the da 100 vs a zdz 80 or the extra $$$$ to go buy one of these planes?
Old 05-13-2003, 03:22 AM
FC330FLYER
My Feedback: (1)

My friend has a ZDZ 80 single in his FC and it flies just as good as one with a DA. As far as I know, they have the same bolt patterns so you wouldn't have to re-drill holes. If you flew mine with the DA and his with the ZDZ, you prolly wouldn't notice the difference. His is a tad lighter because the motor is lighter of course.

Ethan
Old 05-13-2003, 04:27 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

The FC is alot larger plane. The 3w flies very nice but it is heavy and much smaller. The wing is about 6" shorter.
Old 05-13-2003, 04:50 AM
Shortman

My other big question now is about ExtremeFlightRC's new product line of 28%ers. These things are suppose to be 3d machines; there smaller, but I know quite a few small planes that can 3d with the big boys.

Looks like I am torn between a $4,500 FC or a $2,000 Extremeflightrc plane...

I don't know, I wish I had lots of money!