Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

"New" CMPro Marathon

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

"New" CMPro Marathon

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Brainiax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "New" CMPro Marathon

Has anyone seen this animal yet? Looks like CMP takes a couple of the same airframe designs, changes the color scheme and cowling design a bit and re-names it. Looks like their Extra 330 but cool none the less. A little pricey though it may come down depending on the interest. I'd opt for the Extra (star and stripe design) for $169.00 before $250.00 for the Marathon.
[link=http://ak-models.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AKM&Product_Co de=CMP067&Category_Code=PRESALE]"New" Marathon here[/link]
Old 07-10-2008, 11:10 AM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: "New" CMPro Marathon

looks like a decent airplane. Might be a good plane for the new 26cc gassers that are making their way into the market.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Brainiax

Yeah, I'm hoping someone has one and can chime in on the performance.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:30 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a nice plane but with the wild color scheme on the covering it would be hard to replace the covering if you had a mishap and needed to. Same issue with the Katana and the Giles 202. If they had a standard covering such as Monokote, Ultracote, etc. I'd be interested in the Giles 202. I had the older version that was green and white. Very nice flying plane with a 26cc gasser.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:23 AM
Magna

At that listed weight it will be a dog to fly for 20 cc.

The picture in CMPro is using G20 engine. G20 will give very good vertical if its less than 10lbs. But at listed weight of 12lbs, it will be a dog. Maybe the G26ei will be better off but still ain't going to be fun with such small wing area.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:07 PM
gassprint1
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE:

in the test flight video, it is a 26cc in the plane. i have seen alot of shop out of these planes and they are selling for $189.00. cool looking but they really don't say much what the best engine to use. only says made for a 20cc. any reccomendations on a good 4stroke for it. 24 preferably?
Old 11-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

Default RE: RE:

Test flew mine with a YS 1.20SF. Plane came in at 11.7lbs, flight performance was great with the YS. Balance was within the recommended range. On my second flight, I threw a prop and didn't quite make it back to the field (we fly on a tree farm). Damaged the leading edge of the right wing and the fibreglass gear cracked. Plane is definitely a keeper so I will try to get replacement parts or, if all else fails, buy another kit.

Loopman
Old 11-09-2009, 01:05 PM
opjose

Default RE: RE:

I've had that plane for well over a year. Flying it with a SV .26 gasser which is just about perfect.

Very nice handling plane.

As far as the comment on the covering, as with any plane, you learn how to improvise!

I have another similiar plane where I managed to poke holes in the wing due to a collapsed gear on a hard landing.

So I put in a sweeping "arc" of covering on both wings. No one seems to realize that what appears to be a covering accent, is actually a patch. Nothing to it!

As I've told others, if you can't figure out how to hide a puncture or rip. DON'T! Instead embellish and dress it up!

e.g. On a cracked canopy of another plane, I sealed the crack, then placed trim tape over the cracks, to make them appear to be frame supports.