Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

After Break In What Do I Set My High Speed Valve To**hpi Rs4 Ss***

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

After Break In What Do I Set My High Speed Valve To**hpi Rs4 Ss***

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 02:32 AM
caliped
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After Break In What Do I Set My High Speed Valve To**hpi Rs4 Ss***

I HAVE A HPI RS4 3 SS AND I NEED TO KNOW HOW MANY TURNS DO I SET THE THE HIGH SPEED NEEDLE VALVE TO AFTER BREAK IN..
Old 05-16-2003, 11:49 AM
Celly013

RTFM

http://www.hpiracing.com/instruction...t-n3typess.htm

http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/in...1626-1_pg1.jpg
Old 05-22-2003, 05:39 PM
NewHyper7

I have a Nitro SS too. I am constantly having to change the settings. I don't believe there is just one setting. On mine, It depends if I am bashing in a parking lot or on a track somewhere. Don't be afraid to try and tweak it depending on how and where you are driving it. THe SS is easy to tune since it only has the 2 needles. I have never had to mess with the low end needle, only the high speed. Play with it and have fun.

As for my Hyper 7, that thing is a pain to tune. I bought it used and have had it for 3 weeks and still have not gotten it tuned just right.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:52 AM
kyokai2

There is no specific setting on any nitro engine, set the needles for the best performance and temperature. Each time you take your car out you should reset your high speed needle because outside air temps affect the way your engine will run, and needle adjustment affect engine temps. If your engine is running too hot (over 270) you will need to richen your needle settings and vice versa. You really should invest in a temp gauge of some kind, raytech infared are the best but have heard onboard temp gauges work too.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:14 AM
Homebrewer
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ditto with with Kyokai2 says, use whatever needle setting works. There is no such thing as a "set" needle setting for a particular brand. There are ballpark settings that will get your engine started and running but from there it is all up to you to tune it for best idle, transition, and performance.