Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Do you have a bunch of Wal Warts that look like a bird's nest??

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Do you have a bunch of Wal Warts that look like a bird's nest??

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 11:14 PM
lownslo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you have a bunch of Wal Warts that look like a bird's nest??

I have 3 Wall Wart chargers and I got tired of following the leads to the correct charger to plug in, into which plane, and which Intermatic timer etc. I cut 1/2"X 1" strips from sticky-back white labels. I have 3 chargers, so I used 3 different colored markers and colored these strips.
(3 strips of each color for each charger. One for the TX lead, one for the RX lead, and one for the Charger itself). I wrap the colored strip, like a "flag" about 2" from the plug end. I then use packing tape to
SEAL, and STRENTHEN, the colored tabs on the leads and wart. Trim excess tape leaving a slight bit over the edges of the color strip. This will last a long time, and make it VERY easy to see at a glance which lead goes where. ...lownslo...

Bob
Old 05-19-2003, 02:30 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Got a pic of this?

Jerry
Old 05-19-2003, 09:34 AM
lownslo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need a digital camera!! No....sorry no close up pix of the ID system. The picture posted is a shot from a CD months ago. The area has been improved since then. All power cords are hidden under bench.I have a charging area with a power strip, two Intermatatic timers, 3 Wall Warts, and a Hobbio Multi-Charger. Two transmitters (now 3), hang on the wall and a plane rack for 2 planes is there too. (and 2 on bench). The leads are run through cup hooks and are pre-strung leading to the planes on the racks and the transmitters on the wall. That is where the ID really comes in handy. I also have a board with a bunch of pegs, (top left), to hang an assortment of factory and custom leads I have made......... lownslo.....

Bob
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	79739_2185.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	46942