Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Electrajet or Stryker?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 09:52 PM
destroyer_of_the_blade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrajet or Stryker?

ive decided for my next plane id like a delta wing, i found a NOS electrajet i can buy for $100 as a deluxe kit, all i will need is my tx, rx, servos, and battery. which i have a tx6a with an open model in memory, and that can be programmed for elevons. or i found a deal on a brand new stryker for $169. what would you guys do? which is the better plane? which will be best for the first delta plane?
Old 08-18-2008, 08:50 AM
simmo8

Default RE: Electrajet or Stryker?

i luv my stryker but it just iznt fast enouph
get the faster one
simmo
Old 08-18-2008, 05:14 PM
TallDoode

I did a Google search for NOS Electrajet and didnt come up with anything. There is an Eflite Electrajet out there but that is a park flyer with top speeds of "17 - 20mph" according to their site. When you say NOS is that a Nitrous system jet? I love my Stryker and it is plenty fast (for me - i dont like anything that flys faster than I can think) but without knowing what a NOS electrajet is not sure what recommendation to make.

Cheers,

dave
Old 08-19-2008, 01:58 AM
simmo8

yea my stryker is fast but i want to go faster but to do that i think i might have to go fly at a club lol
i wana make a fiber glass stryker with a powerfull motor on t and try get it t 200 kmh it that is even posabell lol

simmo
Old 08-19-2008, 02:00 AM
simmo8

i would still recomend the stryker because you can modify it heeps i am not sure how much the Electrajet can be modifyed

simmo
Old 08-20-2008, 05:23 PM
destroyer_of_the_blade

NOS means "New, old stock" or an item a store has had past its discontinue date. e-flite electrajets cant be found anywhere for sale new anymore as they are out of production, i just figure for $100 and stuff i already have id have a new plane but i just wanted to know if anyone had one, i know the strykers have a good following and parts are abundant i just wondered which one would be more fun to fly
Old 08-21-2008, 06:15 PM
TallDoode

Ah, gotcha. I am acronym challenged :-). Honestly, the Stryker is very fast but you can throttle it back a bit and fly it in a park if you wanted to. For the extra $69.00 seems that parts availability and such would be worth it.

Let us know what you get.

Cheers,

dave
Old 08-21-2008, 09:50 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: destroyer_of_the_blade

NOS means "New, old stock" or an item a store has had past its discontinue date. e-flite electrajets cant be found anywhere for sale new anymore as they are out of production, i just figure for $100 and stuff i already have id have a new plane but i just wanted to know if anyone had one, i know the strykers have a good following and parts are abundant i just wondered which one would be more fun to fly
I have an E-Flite Electrajet. Get the Stryker! If you want speed, get the Stryker C.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:52 AM
ovaleye

I had a Electajet never a Striker... The electra jet was underpowered They stopped making them in 2005? so parts arnt available and I got mine for $50 at my lhs.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:18 PM
destroyer_of_the_blade

i figured $100 was a little much due to the age of the plane, if i could get it really cheap i will but i think the stryker is my best bet, keep in mind the hobby shop that has this plane also sells TP 2100 li-po's for $79.99
Old 08-22-2008, 06:26 PM
TallDoode

I have given up buying LiPo's at my LHS. I try to buy everything else from them (new planes, servos etc) but when it comes to batteries, there are too many other, better choices.

For my Stryker, I have found an eBay seller that has a 2200 11.1 that fits almost perfectly and gives me about 7 minutes of 3/4 throttle flight or 5 minutes of full throttle flight ... and they cost about $12.00 with $11.00 shipping. So $23.00 for a pretty good power plant that is nice and light and even at full throttle does not come out of the plane more than slightly warm. I can throw away a lot of $23.00 batteries for the price of a TP battery.

dave
Old 08-26-2008, 10:26 PM
KingCobra
My Feedback: (17)

Hi Destroyer. I had an Electrajet several years ago. Flew okay but was powered by the factory furnished geared Speed 480 motor so it didn't break any speed limits. I've been flying the Stryker for a couple of years now, and really like it. Mine is powered with a Walkera brushless motor on a 3S-LiPo propped for 250W and was clocked with a radar gun at 88 mph full out on a straight and level pass. Overall, flight charateristics are great. Flys well slow, too!! Glides in slowly and lands easily. Hand launching is effortless. It seems the Electrajet has been remodeled as a ducted fan jet and is offered by Hobby Lobby as the Super Flying Models Thunderbird and Firebird. But I like the Stryker better.