Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Does anyone have a Schumacher XTR??

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 09:53 PM
Bijan999
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have a Schumacher XTR??

If you have one, give some feedback on how it runs, any modifications, how fast you've clocked it (be honest.....) and any tips to make it faster.

I'm currently having a new chassis made from aluminum which should save a considerable amount of weight. It'll be a little bit longer and will be able to accept 1/8 scale on-road bodies.

I'm also having aluminum adapters made so different wheels and tires can be fitted. Currently, you can only install Venom tires which ballon up and hinder top speed.

I've had mine up to 65 mph (clocked next to a full size car), but I think it has much more potential. 100 mph would be nice...heh, heh..

I've also modified quite a few other things that make the car perform much better. If anyone's interested, let me know..

Bijan
Old 05-22-2003, 09:56 PM
Bijan999

^
Old 05-22-2003, 10:22 PM
Justintoxicated

I thought it does 70 out of the box?
Old 05-23-2003, 12:35 AM
Bijan999

yeah, i think the guys in the marketing dept. were on crack when they dreamed up that number. Maybe if you dropped it off the top of a building and clocked it.....

Mine has been modified quite a bit for much better areodynamics, has on-road tires vs. the knobby tires it comes with, I have trimmed the clutches so it holds 1st and 2nd gear longer and some other mods as well.

Leaned out running 25% Trinity fuel it will run a max of 65 mph. There's absolutly no way it'll run even close to that in stock trim. I'd guess it topped out at 52-54 mph stock. It was highly unstable in stock trim also. Would flip easily.

You hear all kinds of claims of people saying their RC car ran 60,70, 80 mph +. I'd say 95% is total crap. It took quite a bit of modifying to get this thing to just 65mph.

Anyone out there have a comment on this??

Bijan
Old 05-29-2003, 11:39 PM
Bijan999

^
Old 09-10-2003, 01:38 AM
AdrianM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Does anyone have a Schumacher XTR??

R/C Car Action got it to go 65 out of the box in their review on 20% nitro.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:35 PM
bluefluffybunny1

Default RE: Does anyone have a Schumacher XTR??

I have an XTR and so do 2 friends.

It is quite fast but fragile and not that stable at high speeds. We all have got 1/8th buggies now which are much better.

If you want to increase top speed I would look to get a higher revving engine but you must get a pull start motor 'cause there is no way of getting to the fltwheel on the car.

You should also consider "banding" the tyres (Venoms are simply Schumacher road tyres). This involves running strong tape around the inside of the tyre to prevent them from ballooning with centrifugal force. However, ballooning increases the tyre diameter at high speeds and so effectively lengthens the gear ratio giving a higher top speed.

There is a group of people in the UK who convert the XTR to 1/8th scale road cars and make new longer ally chassis and bodyshells. I believe that they can be found on the www under "XTR Racers" or similar. Let me know if you can't find them and I'll get you a link.