Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

G-62 mod's to use crankcase pressure to carb, via tubing

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

G-62 mod's to use crankcase pressure to carb, via tubing

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Capt Jim
My Feedback: (168)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G-62 mod's to use crankcase pressure to carb, via tubing

I want to rotate my G-62 Walbro carb to a different angle. I know the Walbro carb needs crankcase pressure to run its fuel pump. Ordinarily, the pressure gets to the carb, through a convoluted hole in the carb mounting spacer block. I can easily make the new block to give me my new mounting angle, ( the commercial available ones just aren't quite right for me.)
But my question is...Exactly where and how should I tap into the carb in order to install a small tubing nipple to bring the crankcase pressure into it.
Tapping the G-62 crankcase at the flange is already done. So now that I have the crankcase pressure available to me via a piece of tubing...all I have to do is get this tubing into the right place on the carb. So whats the right way to proceed.
Thanks.
Jim

Old 09-08-2008, 11:15 AM
RC Extreme power
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: G-62 mod's to use crankcase pressure to carb, via tubing

On the side of the carb that has one screw in the center you will see one and sometimes two raised spots that are round, Just drill and tap in that location. Take it off the carb drill, tap and then reinstall.

Milton
Old 09-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Capt Jim
My Feedback: (168)

That was probably the fastest resolve to a question...ever. I just posted it a few minutes ago.
and wow...how easy can things get. That'll be a snap to do.
Thanks Milton...much appreciated.
Jim
Old 09-08-2008, 12:34 PM
mikenlapaz

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Agree with prior answer. An alternative, if you are going to make a new heat dam/ spacer block, consider just drilling and tapping a hole in the side and an angle hole over to where it will match the existing pluse hole on the engine side of the carb?