Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

I'm getting the Losi XXX-NT Sport RTR......

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I'm getting the Losi XXX-NT Sport RTR......

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 03:18 AM
JJay
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm getting the Losi XXX-NT Sport RTR......

I want to start racing, so i'm getting the Losi XXX-NT RTR this weekend..... I really want the Mugen, but I don't have that much cash!
I just wanted to know which parts I should hop-up/replace first?
Just looking for some help and suggestions!

Thanks a lot!
JJ
Old 05-22-2003, 04:10 AM
flyingjibus

look at the Adam Drake edition. The parts that are different are the ones you should upgrade. You really shouldn't get the RTR. It will cost you more in the long run...espesially if you really want to race.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:53 AM
jswinkos

If you don't have a radio or any experience in racing I would get the RTR. The drake kit would cost at least an extra 200 bucks to get it running and thats if you buy a cheap engine. I started with a RTR and the only thing that really needs to be upgraded is the steering servo and the front a-arms. Most clubs allow the .15 size engine because it is RTR and it is a great engine to learn with. Granted, I've spent alot of money on my car, but that is due to optional equipment like a starter box, tires, and enough spare parts to build a second car. Other than that, the RTR is a great beginner car.
Old 05-22-2003, 11:21 AM
bigbadbowtie

I race my RTR with a .12 engine against Drakes,Gt Teams and it hangs write along with anything.
Old 05-23-2003, 08:31 PM
ProZac

Front A Arms.
My friend and I each have the RTR and between us we've broken 6 arms already in just a couple months. Get the graphite fromt the beginning. Don't waste money on plastic ones if you break the originals.