Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Honey Bee King 2 + Futaba T6XA?

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honey Bee King 2 + Futaba T6XA?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 05:53 AM
evildomain
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honey Bee King 2 + Futaba T6XA?

Can I use the Futaba T6XA transmitter with the King 2. I have a chance to get the t6xa for $20 with the receiver. Will it work well with my King 2?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:23 AM
Missileman

Default RE: Honey Bee King 2 + Futaba T6XA?

No.
The T6XA does not have any helicopter programming, it is an airplane only radio.
The HBK2 requires collective pitch mixing inside the transmitter.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:17 AM
evildomain

I looked at the manual and it does have programming for Heli's. It says you can pick from aircraft or heli in the menu. I'm new to all this so I will take your word for it. Thanks for the help..
Old 09-18-2008, 08:26 AM
mikey1964
My Feedback: (-1)

Yes you can use that radio i have one and works great for my cp pro.it has heli programing and airplane programing.go to the futaba website under questions asked and it will tell you how to program for heli. hope this helps mike
Old 09-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Missileman

ORIGINAL: Missileman

No.
The T6XA does not have any helicopter programming, it is an airplane only radio.
The HBK2 requires collective pitch mixing inside the transmitter.
I withdraw my original response.I looked at the Futaba website and went by the description, I have the T6XH.After looking at the manual I see I was wrong.
I did have problems with the T6XH, which should have the same programming as the T6XA trying to set up a swash with the elevator in the front. If the elevator servo was moving in the correct direction the collective was backwards for that servo. I gave up on that radio for that heli and used my Airtronics rd6000 which had a specific swash config just for that situation.
The more I think about it perhaps switching the channels on the aileron and pitch servos and reversing them, then reverse the collective might have worked?
Old 09-18-2008, 09:38 AM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Confusion seems to abound when first programming a new TX. I have gone thru it twice and will be doing it again soon yet another time. I have found that simply watching the finless Bob White vids (Heli's 101) has taken most of the confusion away.
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692
You may have to register for that site but it's free and worth the time taken to sign up.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:37 PM
evildomain

Thanks for all the help guys. I know $20-$30 is not a lot to pay for this controller and I should just buy it from my friend and if it works good, great! If not than it's only a small amount of money but I don't have too much cash and I could apply that to a controller I am sure about. It's looks like the
T6XAS + T6XHS for sure have swash controls for the HBK2.

MICKEY1964: If you could tell me how you got it to work I would really appreciate it...
Old 09-18-2008, 10:32 PM
evildomain

I just read the Futaba faq's and it says that the t6xa cannot be used with a CCPM. The T6XAS does have swah settings for CCPM but not the T6XA..
A bit disappointing since I was going to get that radio for such a good price with the receiver...
Old 09-19-2008, 05:49 AM
Missileman

Still a good deal if you ever plan on flying any airplanes.