Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Tequila Sunrise 40

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Tequila Sunrise 40

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 08:06 PM
rich m

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tequila Sunrise 40

Just wondering about anyones experience with this plane. I found mine to be very twitchy which ultimately lead to its demise. [ This morning to be exact ] . When stalled the left wing had a nasty habit of dropping. It also liked to snap at the top of a loop.
Rich M
Old 05-29-2003, 12:50 AM
slapshot
My Feedback: (15)

The 40 size was like a trainer compared to the 25 size. I had a lot of flights on my 40 size but sold it before I crashed it. It was an evil airplane, I got lucky and found a guy that wanted both the 40 and the 25. Would I ever get another one? No Way

Slapshot
Old 05-29-2003, 01:14 AM
ozurovich

I think the 40 size is great --- flies smooth with no bad tendencies, even at low speeds. I'd buy another in a heartbeat!
Old 05-30-2003, 04:01 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Elevator Throw

I read a lot about them before I flew mine. The tendency to snap goes away if you tone down the elevator travel. I put mine on low rates, adjusted so it wouldn't snap with full stick, and put a couple hundred flights on it. To spin, I'd take it up to altitude, flip the rate switch to high, and pull full stick.

This plane was great for a lot of things. I learned to four-point-roll with it, and inverted flight. With a Magnum .46 it was a little weak, so I put it on the shelf and started flying other planes, bigger engines. Now that you mention it, maybe I'll dig it out this weekend, just for old time's sake!

Good luck,
Dave Olson