Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

3 spots open

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

3 spots open

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 08:38 PM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 3 spots open

We have two openings on the US team for the 2009 Jet World Masters and are looking to fill those spots ASAP.

The JWM 2009 will be held at the Dead Sea in Israel, June 2009 and it an absolutely amazing opportunity to be part of a fun event with pilots from all over the world. The whole JWM experience is just great, and I can highly recommend going. The requirements are obviously that you can fly a jet in a scale like manner, and we prefer pilots with solid competition experience. Note, there is no "builder of the model" rule this year, so this should open up the field for more pilots.

Cost is probably going to be in the $4K range. A ticket from LA to Tel Aviv is approximately $1700 (this includes the shipping of the model) Hotels are around $90 per night with two people sharing a room.

We currently have 2 world class pilots who would love to go, but do not have an airplane ready. So, another option could be for someone with a competition grade jet who wants to go as part of a team and having the model flown by an expert pilot.

If you would like to go as a spectator, but having full access to the flight line, then contact us to sign up as a supporter/team helper.

Israel is a wonderful tourist destination, and unlike the typical jet meet out in the boonies, you can actually bring your family here and they will have the right settings for a super vacation. Tons of stuff to see, awesome hotels, food, sun and fun...

Email or PM me if interested. The decision of who gets to go will be made by the 4 current team members. The hotels are close to being full, so the deadline is going to be before October 31st.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:57 PM
-JC-

Default RE: Wanted: 2 great jet pilots ASAP

If someone is interested in being our Team Manager, we may have that position open as well.

This is a very important role, being the contact person between the IJMC and the pilots, making sure everyone is kept updated. You will attend daily Team Managers meetings at the event, keep track of flight and static schedules and generally be the guy who makes it all happen and flow flawlessly.

Depending on our success with getting sponsorship for the contest, some of your expenses MAY be covered by the team, but it could also end up being entirely at your own expense (Airfare, hotel and expenses) But, you will have a team of pilots and supporters that will be ever thankful for a job well done.

PM or email me please.

Moderators, can we make this one a sticky for the next two weeks?
Old 10-15-2008, 07:41 PM
P-47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who are the current four members of the team?
Brian
Old 10-15-2008, 07:56 PM
-JC-

Hi Brian,

Justin Sands - MIG-15
Jorge Ragde - F-16I SUFA
David Shulman - TBA
John Christensen - F16I SUFA or F9F Cougar

You would be another great asset for the team... Super pilot with lots of scale flying experience. And I'm sure Bonnie will have a blast in Israel as well [&:]
Old 10-16-2008, 10:18 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

JC,
Contact Chris Wolfe, I personally think he would be a great asset to the team, and with some of the smaller JHH models, he could maybe pull the new smaller model category right out from under the noses of the other teams. I know in the past he or his dad had expressed interest. Please contact them and see if they are still interested. Good luck.
Tommy
Old 10-20-2008, 02:42 PM
-JC-

Tommy,

Good thinking. I actually spoke to Larry about the same thing about a week ago. Chris is a great builder and pilot. We'll see if he is interested.

Money seems to be the biggest issue in this search for pilots. However, I would think that if someone has the funds to fly turbine jets on this level, it should be possible to set $500 to $600 aside each month to save for the Israel trip. But, we are also working hard on getting sponsorship, so maybe this will generate more interest to going to the event.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:29 PM
-JC-

As of today we have a couple of pilots "on the fence" so hopefully, we will have a full team soon.

One thing that a lot of pilots have told me is that they will wait to participate until the event gets to the US so that they don't have to travel. This is all good, but keep in mind that the pilots from the previous JWM will be given first dips for the spots on the US team. Also, when JWM is held here, my guess is that there will also be several top notch pilots in the qualifier, so it will not be a matter of just signing up and automatically be on the team.

Get involved with the JWM effort now. As helper, supporter, team manager, sponsor or not least, pilot.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:50 PM
-JC-

Default RE: 3 spots open

Well, the economy and other circumstances has opened up a few more spots on the team.

Remaining on the team are: Justin Sands, Jorge Ragde and John Christensen. Hotel rooms are now booked and paid for, and the sponsorship effort will start soon.

We will accept applications for team members still, so let us know if you are interested.

Moderators, we can un stick this one. Thanks
Old 11-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Tim Redelman
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey if any one is available to sponser this trip and ex*****es???Tim and and I would love to attend!!!!! LOL The gas prices has just killed us this summer!!! That would be a first Honeymoon and lord only knows Tim needs to have a little Religous experience!!!!! So let us know..... You already know how he flies and builds!!!!!!!

LOL Take me away!!!!! Tracy Redelman
2 for
Old 11-26-2008, 02:57 PM
-JC-

Tracy,

We would love to have you guys on the team, but you need to find your own sponsor :-)

Registration deadline is near, so call Roger or myself to discuss.