Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

4th channel on Airtronics M11

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 12:43 AM
jpcasc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th channel on Airtronics M11

Hi, this is my first post, and I'm extremely new to the RC world. I have a question about the Airtronics M11. Am I correct that the 4th channel cannot be used to power lights or other auxiliary items...just braking? That lights can only be controlled on Ch 3?

Any help would be appreciated.

john
Old 10-17-2008, 01:23 AM
systemlord

Default RE: 4th channel on Airtronics M11

Normally the 4th channel is for brake bias for front & rear braking systems on a Buggy or Truggy, most lighting systems are of the manual switch type. It would be difficult but not impossible to achieve this through clever design.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:32 AM
jpcasc

Any chance you'd know how or know where I should start looking? Or am I better off finding a different radio (perhaps the Nomadio React)?
Old 10-17-2008, 02:44 AM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: jpcasc

Any chance you'd know how or know where I should start looking? Or am I better off finding a different radio (perhaps the Nomadio React)?
You won't find anything, people just flip the switch on come on the lights. No radio is designed for what you want, if you want remote lights your going to have to build yourself.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:39 AM
omra

I know what you mean,I wanted the spektrum dx3r for my baja 5b to switch on/off the lights,but the radio doesnt have a seperate switch to accomodate this.in the end I bought a dx6 (stick type radio) to allow for this.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:02 AM
bsrman14
Banned

A hitec lynx 3d or any hitec 3 channel radio can do it. I use the 3rd channel to shift to reverse. It can be use to turn on lights. Any 3-4 channel radio can do it. You just need another servo.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:53 PM
MadManAndrew

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0097p?MANUFACTURER=HPI&FVSEARCH=LED]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0097p?MANUFACTURER=HPI&FVSEARCH=LED[/link]
plugs straight into rx channel