Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

need help with JR Xs3 / mamba sidewinder set up

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

need help with JR Xs3 / mamba sidewinder set up

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 11:27 PM
fourtraxjay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with JR Xs3 / mamba sidewinder set up

Hi there,

I am new to the forum and have found it very helpful, but I am in need of some help.

I have just installed an rs310 (using my Jr xs3 radio) into my rc18t with a mamba sidewinder esc and I am having some trouble.

Here is the problem. In order to initialize / calibrate the radio to the esc, I can get it to recgonize full throttle, but not full brake.
the only way I could get it to see the brake was to put my deadband for the brakes way up over 30. So it does work, but now when I hit reverse it just 'jazzes' it. I cannot apply reverse smoothly, it is basically on or off.
I have tried re calibrating with the throttle trim in various settings both ways.
I have the epa's for brake and throttle at over 100 as per the mamba instructions. (tested it between 100-120 with no change to my brake problem.) the rest of the setting are pretty much zero'd out or set to linear with nothing fancy done that I can see.

Steering works fine, throttle works fine. The brakes are the only problem, I can't get the mamba to recgonize full brakes during intial set up unless that darn 'brake deadband' is set to about 30.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jay