Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JetCat Germany good service

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetCat Germany good service

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Jgwright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JetCat Germany good service

It is a while since we had a post about JC Germany service. I am pleased to report that I sent a second hand P60 to them for update to SE. I had a quote in a prompt answer to my enquiry and it was estimated that I would expect to receive it back within 3 weeks. It arrrived back today after 13 days sporting a nice new cover with the SE flag logo. I was very pleasantly surprised at how quickly it came back. Well done JetCat.

John
Old 11-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Airforce7
My Feedback: (31)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: JetCat Germany good service

well goody two shoes for you...
Old 11-04-2008, 03:40 PM
tralalala

Perhaps they recognized that you were RCJI's editor?
Old 11-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Jgwright

They may well have realised who I was, but I guess that the upgrade would have followed the standard procedures in the factory anyway. After all I had heard on this group in the past about delays I was pleasantly surprised to get it back sooner than expected.

John
Old 11-04-2008, 08:17 PM
David Gladwin

Received 147 Likes on 95 Posts

Not sure why you need to make such a caustic remark about some really positive progress at Jetcat on customer support.

.and after all the xenophobic comments about the A330 tanker for the USAF and the lateness of the A380 (now entering service in Australia and giving superb service with SIA) I thought the latest press release from Boeing might raise a smile in some parts of the world ! Strikes and technical problems are two issues which can occur in the best managed of of programmes but non conforming fasteners is a new one ! I am sure it will be a magnificent aircraft when it arrives, eventually !

Regards,

David Gladwin.

November 4th, 2008

In the wake of the IAM strike and the more recent discovery on non conforming fasteners found on the first few 787’s in Everett, Boeing today confirmed that the first flight would not now take place until 2009.

“Given the duration of the IAM work stoppage, first flight of the 787 Dreamliner will not be accomplished in the fourth quarter of 2008. The timeframe for first flight has not been established and will be based on the strike recovery assessment. The program is working to determine a new program schedule that will be announced when it is finalized,†said 787 spokeswoman Yvonne Leach.

“We’ve always said the strike was day-for-day plus disruption…the strike was 58 days — almost two months — and we have about that many days remaining in the year.â€

She added that it is “premature to comment†on when a new revised schedule would be in place.

The effects of the strike was seen as the key catalyst behind the decision to delay first flight, meaning that deliveries will likely commence in 2010.

“Although the admission of further 787 delays is hardly welcome, it has already been reflected in our Boeing estimates, and we think the stock continues to trade beneath its fair value, given that half the business is defense. We reiterate our Outperform rating and US$63 price target,†said analyst Robert Stallard.

Most Wall Street analysts agree now that deliveries in early 2010 seems the most likely target given this new slip in the schedule.

During the Farnborough Air Show, 787 VP/General Manager Patrick Shanahan highlighted his concerns that the programme was using margins that he didn’t want to eat into.

Responding to earlier reports of the non conforming fasteners installed on the first five test 787’s (including the static test 787) in Everett, Boeing’s Mary Hanson added:

“We first discovered this a couple of weeks ago during a regular inspection of the static airframe. We then began inspecting all the 787s in Everett and alerted our structural partners to check their units in production. The number of non-conformances vary in number by airplane but each of the airplanes in Everett is involved. The location of these non-conforming fasteners is not isolated to any particular area of the airplanes. “

It is understood that subsequent 787’s in the production stream are not affected.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:07 AM
josecilurzo

I`M WITH YOU !!!!!

JOSE [8D]
Old 11-05-2008, 06:36 AM
blackcat

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

could john or david send an email on my behalf and ask about my p160 sent for repairs in july or my 160 sx which clagged after 4 starts (you can't even change a plug or start on gas) but the sx is only 2 months wait so far. is that the service that you're crowing about?
REALLY wish i had bought another pst, they do know how to spell 'customer relations'
well done jg?
Old 11-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Not all are unlucky, I sent a P160SE for repairs last week to JetCat in Germany, 4 days later it was ready for shipping back to me
Old 11-05-2008, 03:02 PM
David Gladwin

Received 147 Likes on 95 Posts

Sparky, I dont think John is crowing but just telling is that things ARE getting better and they need to. Customer service at Jetcat Germany has been woefully inadequate, rather like their manuals, at long last corrected.

That is why my service tasks have gone to jetCat USA which is where my P70 is now.

Mt PST 600 was sent to Thailand a couple of weeks ago, for a long overdue overhaul. It been done and is ready to be shipped back and they sent me a picture of the internals (basically in very good shape after 200+ flights).

I am not sure we are out of the woods yet with JC Germany but we DO seem to be moving in the right direction.

Nest week I will send a 160 SE ECU for repair I will report back on progress !

Regards,

David G.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Jgwright

Please PM me with the full details of the dates you sent them in repairs requested and your name etc and I will indeed contact them and see what the problem is. As David remarked I was just indicating that things did seem to have improved.

John
Old 11-06-2008, 05:13 AM
josecilurzo

Very professional PST!!!

when I have problem with my engines ( JETCAT ) I sending to CARLOS BY RTI ( www.rtiturbines.com ) . EXCELLENT PROFESSIONAL and GREAT GUY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOSE [8D]
Old 11-06-2008, 05:18 AM
josecilurzo

I saw you in other posts, you is very impartial, I believe its story, but, I read some cases of large delay in the JETCAT GERMANY.

jose [8D]
Old 11-06-2008, 06:12 AM
tahfiet

Hi blackcat Sparksy!

You probably send it with snake-mail or through Agnews... Tight a... .

It seems to take for ages to send parts from australia to germany and from germany to australia. Plus it costs a s**t-load of money. Next time you better buy an airline-ticket and bring it to the factory yourself. That works much more efficient.

I have to send my P-60 for a service. I will tell you how long it takes for us germans, that might be interesting, because shipping is no issue, due to "next-day-deliveries".

Best regards,

David Büsken
Old 11-08-2008, 06:23 AM
blackcat

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

g'day john, i'd like to take this opportunity to unreservedly apologise for the tone of my last post, it was quite unwarranted, verbose and ill directed.
i'll persue the engines through intairco, the proprietor of which loaned me an engine when the sx played up so really a finer gent one would be hard pressed to find and i should think myself lucky to have such friends.
short of any satisfaction through this course of action i'll take up your generous offer of help.
i must make much more of an effort to measure my responses, sorry for coming across as so petulant and petty, and better luck this time in the ashes!
yours in embarrassment
jeff sparkes
Old 11-08-2008, 07:07 AM
Jgwright

Jeff

No offence taken, I wanted to see if others were having better service now from Germany. If I can be any help please let me know.

John
Old 11-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 745 Likes on 539 Posts

We have also seen an improvement. The key with JetCat Germany is correspondence, if you just send a turbine and don't talk with them things can get delayed.

We also find that some complaints are due to the turbine not arriving with JC when the owner thought it had...especially when sent through third parties.

Dave Wilshere