Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

co pilot

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 07:18 PM
staggerwing10
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default co pilot

has anyone ever used the fma co pilot in thier micro electric heli? i think i might want to use it in my fun piccolo after i buy li poli cells so that it can take the weight.
tell me of any succeses or failures please
thanks
Old 05-30-2003, 02:59 PM
Wright Flyer

Default co pilot

Although it's small and light I fear it might be a bit to much payload for a micro (though I guess you can then lose the trining gear so perhaps it could be used?). I've got a Corona that I use iton and think it's just about the best bit of R/C gear I ever bought. I'm thinking of getting a micro heli (probably a Pic) so it'd be interesting to see if it could be used on it.

Cliff
Old 05-30-2003, 03:55 PM
staggerwing10
My Feedback: (1)

Default co pilot

what size is the motor on the corona? when my li poly cells arrive im going to have a fun picollo with 1250mah cells that give 8.4 volts it might be able to lift it off the grpund. does the co pilot work well with the corona? does it deliver the advertised hands free hover?
cheers
Old 06-04-2003, 01:48 PM
Wright Flyer

Default co pilot

The Corona is a much bigger heli than a Fun pic (it uses 7 cells of RC2400/HRSC2600) and in total weighs about 42oz prior to lift-off. Some have tried LiPo's on it but you need lots in both series and parallel which makes a typical battery pack about $200 (and it takes HOURS to charge without multiple hcargers).

As for how well the Copilot works on the Corona - it does exactly what it's advertised to do and yes, it will allow a hands free hover if you have it's gain turned right up. It'll also recover from any unpleasant attitud in a fraction of a second so even pros, who don't need it to help learning, use them and just have it on an "emergency switch" so that if the heli ever gets into an awkward state they can flick the switch and bring it to a level hover in less than a second.

Like I said above the Copilot is a MOST EXCELLENT piece of electronics and (even on a very durable Corona) will save it's cost in parts that aren't crashed (IYSWIM).

Cliff