Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

I've been Bitten

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

I've been Bitten

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 03:33 AM
BevoHoward

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've been Bitten

I guess there is no turning back now. It got me!! This is my kinda flying. I saw some very nice precision flying this past weekend at the Mid Atlantic Jet Rally (Fentress).
Looking forward to visiting and talking with George, a local TRC member.
I'm kinda leaning towards a Starfire D/F to start. Does this sound like a good idea? Tom
Old 05-29-2003, 04:10 AM
DC1163
My Feedback: (16)

Default bitten

I would advise against it, once you start you can never quit, and there is no AA for RC Jet pilots just empty wallets. Just kidding, welcome to the club. If you are like me you will have a bunch of prop planes collecting dust...
David
Old 05-29-2003, 10:21 AM
Blueskies21
My Feedback: (34)

Default I've been Bitten

Tom

I am a va beach local and fly at fentress every weekend.We have the nicest /largest flying site on the east coast.Starfires are awesome jets and their quality is 2nd to none.The one you saw fly last weekend is my buddy joey's.it is the fastest df out @ fentress as of now well maybe hmmm until the viper takes to the air LOL

Anyways I am currently finishing up one(new starfire II) and a another buddy of mine mike is also finishing one up(hes further along now with paint complete-blue angels).Its an easy/quick jet to build.I had the whole entire fuse done & outfitted with servos gear engine,etc in less than 10 hours.Everything fits together like a glove and is superb quality.This is the best flying DF I have seen thus far, it is on rails and extremely fast.They have no bad habits and hence the reason I bought one .You'll be very happy with a starfire & would be an ideal 1st jet for anyone.My first df jet however was a TGA Mig29 which also flew outstanding with a unlimited glidepath

thanks Steve
Old 05-29-2003, 11:09 AM
Eddie Lozano

Default I've been Bitten

Hey Steve nice meeting you at Fentress. Sorry I didn't mingle much w/you I was too hiper he he he you know what I mean but I kept my cool. I let you know when we ready to go back to test fly the 16's it will be very soon.
later man, Eddie
Old 05-29-2003, 11:38 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default #'s

Tom, you have my #'s, right? I think I PM'ed them to you last weekend. If not, let me know. Looking forward to talking with you.

George
Old 05-29-2003, 12:11 PM
BevoHoward

Default I've been Bitten

George: Yes, I have your number. Thanks!! I will give you a call soon.

Steve: I guess when the time comes I may ask for a suggestion or two. If I'm not mistaken the Starfire is designed around the
OS 91 with the Dynamax Fan. Is the OS the best choice? I have read good and bad about it.
I have some old pictures of Fentress. I will have to scan and post them.

Eddie: Please keep us posted on when you may be coming back to Fentress. I sure would like to see those F 16's again.

David: Thanks for the kind welcome. I'm sure before long there will be a support group for all of us.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:54 PM
Eddie Lozano

Default I've been Bitten

Tom I will let you know very soon when we are ready to go back for more test flight. By theway I have some dynamax fans and OS91 engines they are still in my F4. If you need them I can let you have them cheap...lol. See you next time.

Eddie
Old 05-30-2003, 03:31 PM
SoppyJoe
My Feedback: (59)

Default I've been Bitten

Hey Tom,
You can't go wrong with the O.S. .91/Dynamax combo in a Starfire! I don't know if you saw mine fly at Mid-Atlantic on Sat., it's the green and tan camo one that was out there. Not much to look at, but she's one of the fastest "hunk of junks" at the field .

Good Luck! If you get a free weekend come on down to Fentress and fly with us!

Joey.