Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

HotSpot wing incidence

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

HotSpot wing incidence

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 02:33 PM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default HotSpot wing incidence

Hi guys.

Im about to set the wing incidence on my hotspot, and have a few questions regarding this.

just loosely setting things up, it seems that the TE of the wing wil sit higher than the fuselage TE..... is this right?

So what does your hotspot look like at the TE ?

Under...

Middle....

Over.....
Old 05-30-2003, 03:16 PM
Kelly W
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hotspot wings

Hi Sonnich,

I wondered the same thing when building mine. It took a lot of work to make my wings match the fuse, particularly the right side because the spar hole was bored incorrectly... When the TE touched the fin, the LE was offset by ~1/4".

Eventually, I matched my LE and TE to the fuse as close as possible. On the wheels I think I set it at + 1 or 2 degrees at the root.

Kelly
Old 05-30-2003, 06:31 PM
SJN

ahhh maaaaan....

my wing tube hole is 11.17mm from wing bottom to hole on one side, and 13,41mm on the other side......

I guess the wings wil be in 2 different levels then :-(
Old 05-30-2003, 08:09 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 745 Likes on 539 Posts

Guy's

Don't try and align both front and rear pegs in one session. you can set the wings level with the top of the fuselage, but 1mm above the fuse surface at the trailing edge is better. the model can need 5-7mm reflex on the elevons.
Fit the wing tube using the fins or packers to set the front/rear fit-there is enough clearance in the bored root hole to do this-fill it with epoxy (the glue only needs to be on the end of the paper tube where it goes in the ply rib set in the wing and on the root area)
With this set fill the two rear holes with slow set epoxy, tape over the hole with paint masking tape.
Sharpen the ALU wing peg and insert that in the fuselage holes (usually a snug fit)
Slide the wings on and where the peg pierces the tape the epoxy will stay put.
Align the wings and let it set.

Then do the same with the front pegs.

Dave Wilshere
Old 05-31-2003, 12:38 PM
SJN

Thanks for the tips..

SJ.