Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetpower-USA - Learjet-RCU - Hans Michael Binder

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetpower-USA - Learjet-RCU - Hans Michael Binder

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 11:01 AM
reyn3545

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jetpower-USA - Learjet-RCU - Hans Michael Binder

Hans Michael Binder, who uses the RCU name Learjet-RCU operates a web based company called JetPower-USA.com

The moderators removed my earlier post, requesting that I stick to facts. Here are the facts.

On October 10, I purchased a jet from JetPower-USA

I received a notice shortly thereafter that the color I ordered was not in stock, it would be 3 or 4 weeks for delivery.

I initialy acknowledged, but a day or so later, requested if there were other colors available... NO REPLY

Concerned that my 30-day dispute window would pass by, I asked on November 4 that the order be cancelled - in accordance with the cancellation policy on his website... NO REPLY

I disputed the transaction with Paypal.. they decided in my favor and attempted to recover the funds from Mr. Binder's checking account... THE BANK REFUSED THE TRANSACTION (you figure out why)

Mr. Binder has since shut his website down, and is no longer selling hobby products.

I have never received the product that I ordered, and I have not received a refund.

Mr. Binder purchased banner ads on this website to attract customers to his website, accepted their money and entered into a contractual agreement to provide products. In my case, that contract has not been fulfilled.

The only reason I post this info on this website is to notify other potential victims in a similar situation, so that we may jointly consider what actions to take, collectively or individually, against Mr. Binder to effect recovery of the money that we spent in good faith with his company. If any readers of this thread find themselves in a similar situation, please feel free to contact me via PM for information on how to file a complaint with the FBI, Better Business Bureau, and with the Clerk of Courts for Collier County, FL.

RCU Moderators... Do you know that Learjet-RCU still has his RCU store up and operational? You have taken the banner ads down, but I would hate for someone else to hit the "buy" button through your store and transfer any more money to him.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:43 AM
reyn3545

Default RE: Jetpower-USA - Learjet-RCU - Hans Michael Binder

Thanks, moderators for the edit and for letting it live.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

What is the FBI going to do, the police wont do anything either, this is too petty for the police, ya they will make a report, but that is onlly because you have a complaint. Good luck getting your money back.

Joe C!!

Old 11-26-2008, 12:09 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Swimmin' with the fishes in the East river. Ooooooooooooooooooooh!

Fugetaboudit.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Gonzalo38

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Internet Crime Complaint Center

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA).

IC3's mission is to serve as a vehicle to receive, develop, and refer criminal complaints regarding the rapidly expanding arena of cyber crime. The IC3 gives the victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism that alerts authorities of suspected criminal or civil violations. For law enforcement and regulatory agencies at the federal, state, local and international level, IC3 provides a central referral mechanism for complaints involving Internet related crimes.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:32 PM
reyn3545

I've certainly placed my share of sarcastic comments on forums before, but I would ask that unless there's something substantive to add to this conversation, please resist the temptation.

The FBI, combined with local civil action, has worked for me in the past in similar situations, and I'm sure that again, the system will prevail. Thanks.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:51 PM
powerjets
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It will be covered by CC company if you used paypal funded by Credit-card.
I didnt get my money back from paypal, but Visa refunded me ! They will require a police-report, they will give you a case # over the phone.
good luck.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:37 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would contact the Florida Dept. of consumer affairs first and let them tell you who else you need to notify. That's where he was doing business I believe?

Marty
Old 12-03-2008, 11:03 PM
reyn3545

Update..

Last week, I notified the FBI, Better Business Bureau, and contacted the Clerk of Court in Collier County, FL regarding this matter. I also notified Mr. Binder of these actions. He contacted me almost immediately and promised to go directly to the bank, correct the problem and send certified funds to cover the debt.

I did received the certified check, and its aparently cleared my bank and his. So, I think we can call this case closed.