Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Triton 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 09:08 PM
spencer321
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triton 2

Can u use the Triton 2 charger to check how many volts/Mah are in the battery?
Old 12-13-2008, 09:43 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Triton 2

Yes, but you'd have to start a discharge function. Read voltage at the start of the discharge and then read the capacity at th end.

The voltage can be checked with battery just setting there. It can also be an indicator of remaining capacity if it's a LI type battery. A NI type battery is much harder to tell when just settting.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:47 PM
spencer321
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it totally necessary to balance the battery and i dont have a watt meter so what else could i use.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:56 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both types (LI and NI) batts being out of balance will affect the performance. The extent of the imbalance on a NI type will determine the amount of reduction in capacity tested. A LI type can be out of balance yet still show accurate capacity radings to a point if fixed voltage values are used at both ends (full and discharged) If the imbalance is moderate to severe then it can greatly affect the capacity readings and damage battery charging and/or discharging.

I have always said it like this: It isn't necessary to balance , but being in balance in necessary.

To balance without a balancer each cell has to be charged to exact same voltage.