Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

What can i expect?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

What can i expect?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 09:11 PM
panzertank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What can i expect?

I have been searcing around for a good 3d plane. Since my local hobbystore stocks horzion products im trying to get something from them only. While searching around on the horizons website i found the Edge 540 46 ARF by Seagull. How performance capable is this plane. Is it any good? How would it compare to a tribute 36? Any help will be appreciated

P.S.- If anybodies got a recommendation for a 3d ARF ($100-200) let me know

Alex
Old 12-16-2008, 10:21 AM
tmproff
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: What can i expect?

If you are stuck with Horizon, I'd go with the twist or the frenzy (which are designed for good stable 3d). The Edge is an awesome plane for conventional aerobatics, and WILL do 3D maneuvers, but not as easily as some others.

In my experience, when it comes to 3D....Bigger is better. If you can afford a .60 sized plane, you will be much happier (especially if you are new to 3D).
Old 12-16-2008, 11:08 AM
asmund

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forget about anything but a profile. The omp Katana .46 is great, nothing compares for 3-D in this size, exept for the Mojo .40, but it is basically identical in appearance.

They both fly fantastic 3-D and can really take some abuse and minor crashes without being destroyed.

The Tribute is very weak and the Twist has been rported as to be a not so great 3-D plane, more like a fun plane
Old 12-16-2008, 11:11 AM
tmproff
My Feedback: (5)

Asmund,
I agree totally with you, but unfortunately, the OMP products aren't carried through Horizon hobby (The original poster said that his Hobby shop only carries Horizon products).
Old 12-16-2008, 11:19 AM
asmund

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh I see, but then I would order on-line if I were him, actually that is what I have to do everytime I buy a new plane anyway I just ordered two Katana profiles for me and a friend. We have had one each from before but after trying several other planes we want to go back to the profiles that makes us look soooo good
Old 12-16-2008, 02:21 PM
TimChurch
My Feedback: (1)

Agreed, order from Swanyshouse or OMP, I think I'd have to get out of the hobby if Horzion was the only option